Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 06-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

LOL about 2 years ago now i got pulled over for doing 150km/h in a 60km/h zone....
i drove away with a no N ticket.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #22
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
LOL about 2 years ago now i got pulled over for doing 150km/h in a 60km/h zone....
Would get arrested here in Oklahoma.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #23
mechrider89
3" Exhaust

mechrider89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
no doubt in my mind that our jap machines pretty much whoop american cars. dont get me wrong i love american cars as much as the next guy but i belive japan has the better car. i belive just untill recently american was an inferior desihn but they are getting alot better, i really just wish we could have a 80's and 90's japanes revolution again thoes where golden years, i love our import's but seriously what has come out of japan recently that is amazing( besides the toyota ft and the brz, lexus lfa and new skyline and 370z) i belive our companys are financaly stronger but we have lost some of our appeal, we really need to get back to our roots; a new supra( hope to god they dont butcher any of these) 300zx ext...

imo we are giving american musle to much breathing room, we need to make them nervous again, if a new supra came out that was not butcherd to hell i would more than likely put a down payment onto it but dont see that happening any time soon
Totally agree with you. Even before the 80's the Japanese were putting soul into their cars (prime example is the skylines), and now they've seem to have lost that edge.....well until the Fr's/BRZ/GT86 came out. If they do remake the supra (which I'm sure will happen) I REALLY hope they don't kill it like Nissan did to the skyline and well the z models; which lost it after the 300zx.
I honestly don't hate american cars, yes they do suck but they occasionally make a good one. I just hate the arrogant drivers who don't know what a good car is (A.K.A pro Americana ppl), those people are the only people that ever piss me off. Screw the v8 this v8 that bull shit as me and my friends say "god invented turbos to give v8's a chance". people are so twisted with the "if it isn't putting out over 350hp the car sucks" bs. The fr's is a damn fine example of that, it wont win in a straight line but on track it's going to dominate.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #24
mechrider89
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post

WHAT?!?! dude that's insane, I'd have been booked for sure....you got very lucky!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #25
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Please do not use the term "Jap" as it is racist and rude.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Totally agree with you. Even before the 80's the Japanese were putting soul into their cars (prime example is the skylines), and now they've seem to have lost that edge.....well until the Fr's/BRZ/GT86 came out. If they do remake the supra (which I'm sure will happen) I REALLY hope they don't kill it like Nissan did to the skyline and well the z models; which lost it after the 300zx.
I honestly don't hate american cars, yes they do suck but they occasionally make a good one. I just hate the arrogant drivers who don't know what a good car is (A.K.A pro Americana ppl), those people are the only people that ever piss me off. Screw the v8 this v8 that bull shit as me and my friends say "god invented turbos to give v8's a chance". people are so twisted with the "if it isn't putting out over 350hp the car sucks" bs. The fr's is a damn fine example of that, it wont win in a straight line but on track it's going to dominate.
thats so true, not all drivers are so arrogant about there american cars but a vast mojarity that i have met are d bags about it. i dont know why every one wants a v-8 in everything, look at the lexus lfa its a 4.4 liter v10 this is smooth as silk, revs on and on and is making more power and torque than the biggest vet motor( excluding the zL1 since thats charged). i like american cars iv riden and driven a bit of them but there not sooo special to say its the best around. you got to apprichiate a car for what it is and not where it was made, look at Akio Toyoda he is the ceo of toyota but he has admited many times that toyota isent his only favoret car( thats apprichiating cars for what they are) he would buy many of his competidors cars just becuase he likes them, why cant we all do that?
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #27
mechrider89
3" Exhaust

I know I do that! I'm a huge Mitsubishi and Nissan fan but I still love my toyota's and of course bmw's. But ya with the americana people their so one minded (not all but most), you give them respect and in return they give you non back. You can prove a lot of stuff they say/think is totally wrong/miss leading and they'll still be a d-bag about it and talk up their cars like there the best in the world. A couple days ago I drove a all original 65' Pontiac Parisienne convertible and loved it, it wasn't fast but it was a sweet car. Got talking with the owner (had it since new) etc and told time about my cars and plans.....he told me my cars were crap and I should get a muscle car.
No matter how many video's are put on youtube about this topic you cant educate the stupid/unwilling!

and we're way off topic! lol
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #28
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

I belive the a true car guy or gal loves every car weather its a big block v8, small displacment high revvin 4 banger, or a smooth straight 6.you cant fix stupid and you certinly cant fix arrogance, i get love for a brand, i love every toyota i have ever owned for many resons but im not smug about it and am open to seeing others cars ups and downs( some more than other)
Old 06-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #29
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
I belive the a true car guy or gal loves every car weather its a big block v8, small displacment high revvin 4 banger, or a smooth straight 6.you cant fix stupid and you certinly cant fix arrogance, i get love for a brand, i love every toyota i have ever owned for many resons but im not smug about it and am open to seeing others cars ups and downs( some more than other)
Old 06-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #30
Mk2guy
Stock

Mk2guy is on a distinguished road

Yes, I will agree with you guys about your take on american ideology. They simply think that they the shit, without any evidence at all to support such an idea. At best they are moderately good at what they do, but they still try to brainwash people into thinking they are the best.

example: I used to have a camaro, and it had a v-8. my 85 supra puts out more power than that chevy v- 8 did. my supra about 176hp the camaro about 157. Jeremy Clarkston said: "I don't know how those Americans figured out to get so little power out of such a big engine." or something close to it.

I mean. American Ideas are dieing on their own weight. I would stay away from America's backward thinking. If it wasn't for British television being imported to the united states, I don't know what I would do.