Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 AM   #1
mommasupra
Stock

mommasupra is on a distinguished road

Oops this is in the wrong place
mommasupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:26 AM   #2
monkihead
SP58GT

monkihead is on a distinguished road

well, i can tell my story. i had sold the 76 nova i had and used money for school and food. i used my moms car for a while, to go to college. my dad had been looking for another sport coupe that was fuel efficent, but kept finding v8s. well, as my dad is, he can describe a pinto into sounding like a ferrari....ie- sleek lines that cut across the fenders, specialty 2 tone paint job....
anyway, one day he tells me, "hey carlos, one of my friends did a clutch job for a customer and was traded a car. i think you'll like it, its a 2dr toyota." me knowing him, thought it was a corrolla or some poor 70s beater. i told him, "nah, i'll pass." he insisted and so we went to go see it. he actually hadn't even seen it, only what had been described by his friend. lol... when we got there, it was under a car cover surrounded by other dead beaters. dodge daytonas, nissan sentras, chevy monzas and a few oldsmobiles. i began to look at the shape and didnt recognize it as a corrolla or a late 80s celica. the guy was going on, blah blah, its nice 5spd, 2 tone, pop-up headlights...blah blah...trying to get my dad to buy it.
i go by the passenger door(car still covered) to lift the cover and see through the window. as i lift it up, on the door pillar is the "celica supra". i nearly shat myself. i ran to the front of the car, lifted up the cover and saw the front insignia. i asked him, how much were you going to sell this "toyota" for(being doubtful, yet knowing now i wanted it). "2400". "eh, thats a bit much for a car THIS old," i said. he went on that he was putting in a fresh engine and a new clutch. my father said," well, i'll do 2000 and parts". DEAL!! the car was in my possesion a month later. little did i even know at the time, it was one of the last ones made, manufactured 2/85. with all options, including the ever lovely blue & silver 2 tone paint. may the car started it all, rest in peace....

monique- better off dead

monkihead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
KingDiamond
12psi boost

KingDiamond is on a distinguished road

why did you get rid of her?
KingDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
Supra91_ishot
3" Exhaust

Supra91_ishot is on a distinguished road

Well, here's my own story. Might be short

Anyways, my first Supra was also an MKIII 1988 Turbo.

When I was 16, first got my permit. I was looking for a good, fast, and reliable car. I didn't know anything about cars, so I had my dad helped me out. He told me that the best car out there is a Toyota car which is reliable and good to drive around. I never thought about the Supra though, so he came up with it. He told me that the Supra is a really strong and fast car. So, I was pretty interested in it.

We look everywhere for a Supra but we never found one in the first place. We found a White Celica and we almost bought it but then the owner was a teenage kid. We were coming back home and he called us that his dad won't let him sell his Celica so that was pretty stupid...lol. Then I was like, "Who cares, I'll look for a Supra again".

Then, one day I found one on the automart news paper. My dad then bought me the car and I was really happy.

I had the car for at least 2 years and a half. Then something went wrong with the engine because it was had around 255,000 miles. We didn't want to fix it because it was too old but then the cars interior and the condition of the outside still looks nice. I live in MN so thats why cars get rusty. So, then my mom gave the car away to one of my cousins. I was at the store and when I got home, her cousin was already there looking at my car and then they left. I went to work, after I got home from work, they were at my house again and this time, they toll my car away to their home. I got so mad that I just want to blow all of their heads out and kill those son-of-b****.

I never got over that because I loved that car so much.

After I lost my 88 Supra. I begin searching for another one. It took a long time but it was worth the time searching for it. Now, I finally bought myself an 89 Turbo Supra and I'm glad and happy and I won't let this one get away from me unless if I sell it, which I don't plan on doing unless I get an MKIV

My Supra now has at least 173,000 plus miles. Cars got like little dents in front bumper and some rusty on right rear side and some little rust on driver side door. But the color is all stock colors and the cars still in good shape and good condition.

I'm planning to save some money (which I can not ever save any $$$$$)and probably turn the car into a "BEAST". Probably going to keep the car for the future so it'll be a classic car.

Here in MN, there's a lot of people who likes to race and a lot of people with American cars like Mustangs, Corvettes, some Vipers, Cameros, and some import cars like Honda Civic, Subaru WRX, Integras, and etc...

So, I would love to turn my car into the best car I possibly can to even have a chance against those other monster cars.

Anyways, sorry for going off topic a little but thats my whole story. And sorry if it's longer than I thought because I just had things to say even though I said it won't be that long. lol
Supra91_ishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
monkihead
SP58GT

monkihead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by KingDiamond@Jul 19 2005, 07:14 AM
why did you get rid of her?
i wore her out like a 2 peso whore in prison. when the engine was getting rebuilt, he lightly ported the head & matched it with the intake. i had found a cat back kit in dallas and i made an intake kit. i was 18 and had a sports coupe no one could touch. i was one of the lucky ones to even have a car after high school, much less a sports car. so, i showed off alot. ah...the stories i could tell about that car. the girls. the roads. the drifts. the doughnuts. in the end, the engine exploded and i couldnt afford to park her. i ended up selling her to a friend, he took the car and ran. it saw 130+mph EVERY trip to san antonio and back home to dallas. memories...

monique- better off dead

monkihead is offline   Reply With Quote