Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 08-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #21
tedeez
Stock

tedeez is on a distinguished road

i had the same thing happen to me only with a playstation i was selling on ebay the listing price what at .99 cents and no one had bid on it. This clown then writes me a email saying he wants to pay 350 dollars for it and he was going to send a western union money order. So i get this email from western union.... or so i thought. So i asked the guy why he didnt just bid on it and pay less and he said he was from Niger Africa and it was a present for his nefiew and he needed it asap. So i tell him I want confermaition of the money and i get this email from western union saying the money is there and confirmation # And let me tell you it looked real ligiate. So i go to western union .com and run the number and it says its not valid. I call them and they say that it is a scam that they have been having alot of problems with. And it was the same thing he wanted me to send him the ps to some bfe address in africa. So when i told him he was full of it i never heard from him again. But me and a FEW friends emailed his ass for a month with all kinds of stuff till disapoinitlingly the email adress was no longer available :angry:
tedeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #22
SuperSupra86
3" Exhaust

SuperSupra86 is on a distinguished road

I sent this
I was just E-Mailing you to find out more about this car...what kind of oil...maintainence.....if has been in any accidents? see if you have anymore pictures.....I'm located in deerfield, WI and just saw this car up for sale.....wondering if i could come look at it?
Thanks for your time

i recieved

Dear Customer,

I must apologize for the error in the ad.The car is located in Hamilton,NY it is Quicksilver FX over beautiful Black leather interior. There were only 24 in this color made and the Quicksilver was only made in 1998 as well .You don't worry about the shipping because the car will be shipped to your location without any extra costs because the shipping fees are included in the final price. First of all, I like to inform you that the car is in excellent running and body condition never had an accident and there are no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. There is no lien against the car and the car has not been salvaged. It has a clear title and it will be signed and notarized in your name as soon as the payment will be completed. The buy it now price is $7,400 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. I recently moved with my family and now we are in Birmingham,United Kingdom. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one here yet,I have to sell this car as soon as possible and due to the fact that this car is an US model the price to register it here is very high,also the shipping to this place, so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days.This is the vin# jt2de82a5w1002989 . Have manual transmission, 6 speed,twin turbo.

If you are still interested please let me know.

Thanks,
James

I'll get the E-mail..but i think i might play along
Old 08-16-2005, 03:49 AM   #23
Poodles
12psi boost

Poodles is on a distinguished road

same old story about moving to england, but run the vin and see what comes up. Might be REALLY entertaining...
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:20 AM   #24
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

well the vins are usually ok....they get them from the real owners when the real owners post the car...i like how they always say the same crap where they tell u that its too much to register the car... u gotta be kidding me..if i had one i would pay more to have it in my possession
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:29 AM   #25
Supra91_ishot
3" Exhaust

Supra91_ishot is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, just having fun here.

The other day I was looking for some Supra's for sale online. I didn't want to buy one, I was looking for one to see if there are any scams. Well, not to my suprise there was one.

This guy was selling his 1996 TT Supra for $4000. I emailed him saying this:

Hi there!

I saw on your ads that your selling a 1996 TT Supra for $4,000 right?

I'm just wondering, why are you selling it for so cheap?
Is it still in good condition?
Where are you located at?
Can I come and take a look?
Can I have your phone?

Anyways, thanks!

Here's what his replies was:

Hello there Sir,

Yes, I'm selling my tt supra for only $4 grand. I'm from Chicago Illonios and the reason why I wanted to sell it is because I got it for free from my friend. I really need money for college and since I know I can get more for this car, I'm just going to put the price for $4 g's so that way it's easier to sell.

The cars in great condition and it has everything that a supra needs. All the mods are new parts and etc.

Again, I'm from Chicago, Ill. Sorry, I cannot give out my phone # due to restrictions from my parents and due to security strictions. You won't be able to locate where I am at since I live deep in the forest alone some near by farms.

Thanks for being interested in my car, but if you really want to buy the car, let me know as soon as possible because I might sell this car tomorrow to someone else. But since your my first customer, the car will be on hold for you.

Thanks again.

-Jekki

Now, that guy is a fag who is so stupid making up stupid excuses that I have never seen in a scam in my life. I laugh so hard I almost blow up. :lol:

I emailed this to him:

Hi there Mister Jekki

What in the world are you trying to say to me?

There ain't no MKIV Supra for sale for only $4,000. You stinkin peice of sh*t, I live in Chicago, ILL. too.

There ain't no such things as deep forest or farms nearby. But I tell you what, since you want to scam on me like that and lie to me, there are fist and korate chops nearby your next door neighboor. Plus there are red, green, and blue lights nearby too if I dial "911".

Please, if your really selling it than I am very much interested in coming to see you face-to-face and I'll give you 4,000 punch in the face. Than that will be settle.

Nice doing business with you, or should I say, it will be nice kicking your monkey azz all the way to jail?????

Hahaha, after that I did not hear a single email from that punk. I lied to him I also live in Chicago too and etc...

He must of wet in his pants already.

Anyways, these scammers are nothing but jokes. If they email back to you and you know that they are scams only. Email back to them and tell them wassup, they won't bother you again.
Supra91_ishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:09 AM   #26
Poodles
12psi boost

Well, if you run the VIN, it will come up with the last owner, match the names
Old 08-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #27
ddmcse
500whp yet?

ddmcse is on a distinguished road

i got a reply from one of them

Hello there,

I am glad you like my car .

The price for it is $7,000 . This price includes the shipping to your door and insurance no matter of the location. The car is in perfect condition as shown in the ad and has no mechanical problems.All services has been made at a Toyota Service in time.
It has a Clear Title which you will receive with the car.It can be registered into your name.No scratches or dents,Also it is an US model.

There were no accidents not even dents on the paint.The car was mostly garage kept.
If you are still interested in buying it please reply asap and let me know where are you located.

Thanks,

PS: I must warn you that this car is a MONSTER,has around 580HP.It can be use as a daily driver cause it is easy to ride it but the driver MUST have experience

better yet
i grabbed an IP address from one of them
i shot an email that i complained to the FBI and they could see the complaint on a website
which pointed to nothing but allows me to capture the IP address
195.93.60.109 - - [16/Aug/2005:16:53:32 -0400] "GET /xxx/xxx HTTP/1.0" 404 413 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
My Supra KiXGaS
ddmcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:35 PM   #28
ddmcse
500whp yet?

Hello again,

I must apologize for the error in the ad.The car is located in Coram,NY but don't worry because the car will be shipped to your location without any extra costs because the shipping fees are included in the final price.

As I've said the car is in perfect mechanical and esthetical condition and the pictures speak for themselves.The price that I'm looking for it is $7,000 but I want to find a buyer asap as I an in great need of money.I am willing to lower the price to $6000 if We can close the deal this week.

I recently moved with my family and now we are in Liverpool,United Kingdom. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one here yet,I ran into some financial problems and I have to sell this car as soon as possible. Due to the fact that this car is an US model the price to register it here is very high,also the shipping to this place, so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days . I have the car locked up in a garage in US.

I think that the most important thing when we make a deal over the internet,is to have both of us 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else.That's the reason why I used a big,reputable and trustable company,in all my deals until now.

So I want to use an escrow company to hold the funds untill you receive and check the car. As soon as the third party will confirm the deposit I will be in US within 24 hours and proceed with the papers and shipping.

So I want to have a clean, safe and fast deal.Note that you will have 3 days to test the car.Only after that you will decide if you keep the car or not,and only then the funds will be released to me.

Please reply to me if you are still interested.Also, please send me your full name and address as I will need them for shipping.

Thanks

the IP address resolves to fairfield california
My Supra KiXGaS
Old 08-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #29
Poodles
12psi boost

lol, what really bugs me is that these companies he's using obviously aren't doing their job. They're helping these con artists in my opinion...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:49 AM   #30
ddmcse
500whp yet?

i agree and i contscted cars.com with this info .they replied back :
Greetings,

Thank you for the information concerning a potentially inaccurate listing. We are investigating the listing you located, and if we have any questions, we will get in touch with you. Thanks for using cars.com.

Thank you,

Chris Almodovar
cars.com Consumer Support
i think this week while i have a live one online i'm going to contact the FBI ( thats kinda scary )
My Supra KiXGaS