Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
supraracer88
Stock

supraracer88 is on a distinguished road
Wink looking for cheap aftermaket parts

im looking for cheap aftermarket parts any thing for an mk3 im on a budget so i am looking for the best deals i have a 1988 with the 7mge n/a automatic looking for engine and body parts and i also need the louvers behind the door windows or a turbo engine

Last edited by supraracer88; 09-01-2008 at 04:20 AM.
supraracer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
shiftysupra
3" Exhaust

shiftysupra is on a distinguished road
Cool

The money spent on parts is worth every penny. If you cheap out on parts you will be pulling your hair out. If you cant afford to give your beast the best sell it, because your only looking for trouble if you do. Plus run premium fuel it's better for your gal.
shiftysupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
supraracer88
Stock

well lets see hmm u obiously dont know how to work on ur own cars i have a machine shop i can make ne thing work so if i can not get ripped off like u do and im allready running 110 race fuel so hmm dont give me a smartass reply
Old 09-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
kwnate
SP58GT

kwnate is on a distinguished road

You get what you pay for, why are you running 110 race fuel. Is this a joke?

kwnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
shiftysupra
3" Exhaust

first off why would you deduce that i do not know how to work on my car? and secondly why would you be running race fuel on a dd? obviously you should be able to answer your own question since you own a shop and should be able to fabricate certain parts at your shop as well as know enough that you cant cheap out especially on these cars. it's amazing people ask questions then get butt chapped when you give them advice and bitch when they went cheap inspite of warnings and ruin their car. if you dont want feedback dont post please.... oh and for everyones sake here at the forums get the sand out of your puss... we dont need any pearls

Last edited by shiftysupra; 09-13-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
supraracer88
Stock

[quote=shiftysupra;63059]first off why would you deduce that i do not know how to work on my car? and secondly why would you be running race fuel on a dd? obviously you should be able to answer your own question since you own a shop and should be able to fabricate certain parts at your shop as well as know enough that you cant cheap out especially on these cars. it's amazing people ask questions then get butt chapped when you give them advice and bitch when they went cheap inspite of warnings and ruin their car. if you dont want feedback dont post please.... oh and for everyones sake here at the forums get the sand out of your puss... we dont need any pearls[/quote

I DID NOT ASK FOR ADVICE i was asking a serious question and if u didnt have a serious answer u didnt have to be a smartass and reply dickhead so go fuck yourself asshole
Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
suprabahamut
3" Exhaust

suprabahamut is on a distinguished road

I am on a budget too. I always buy quality parts like alternators, starters, and major parts but I do go cheep on some stuff. I have found some really good deals on Ebay if you check. I have seen universal cone air filters with the adapter for the MAF cheep, also some really good used parts like JUN Exhaust from a totaled car for half of what you would buy it for new. Also if you check around at certain junk yards in your area too. Not for a supra but I have found Tein suspension for civics at a junk yard near me. I hope this helps I know how money can get tight sometimes.
suprabahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraracer88
I DID NOT ASK FOR ADVCE i was asking a serious question and if u didnt have a serious answer u didnt have to be a smartass and reply dickhead so go fuck yourself asshole
Hey internet tough guy, do NOT use language like that towards another member. I know for a fact you wouldnt say that to his face. And dont tell me you would. You have been warned, one more time and you'll need to find another forum to be a punkass on.

Open up your head and learn something from us. YOU BUY CHEAP PARTS YOU GET CHEAP PARTS. Machine shop or not, it's what they are made out of and how they were made originally. Why buy something that's "made" for the car and then still need to fabricate it to fit the car?

And why are you using race gas on a nonturbo motor? Leaded or unleaded by the way?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:17 AM   #9
Busted Knuckles
12psi boost

Busted Knuckles is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I also agree with shiftysupra. Cheap aftermarket parts = endless problems. Supras luv OEM Toyota parts. I found this out the hard way, but it was not too expensive. A local professional shop set me straight before it got really costly. In my case, a Bosch O2 sensor that did not work, and a GP Sorenson fuel pressure regulator with a cheap o-ring that leaked. The shop replaced both with Toyota-supplied parts, and it passed emissions immediately, and still passes 2 years later. So, I paid extra for a Toyota timing belt and clutch set. My baby deserves it.

And, you pay almost $6 a gallon for 110 octane, and want to cheap out on parts? A N/A Supra excels on 93. Built for 91. Your not getting anything more with 110. Spending money in the wrong place.
Busted Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
shiftysupra
3" Exhaust

wow... people get defensive very easy.... anyways i have bad luck with ebay. bought cam gears and they sent civic cam gears, sent them back then they sent the SAME ONES back. then they had the nerve to say i should have picked the right model of car and wouldnt take them back. luckly i know a few guys that needed them ;] i find suprastore.com has some great stuff and will price match. the thing is you have to use.... dun dun duh!... the revolutionary search button. on the gas thing. i use now mid grade fuel and notice absolutely no diff. fuel economy and since running 15* advance no knocking, just thought that you guys would like to know. plus i would really recommend an aluminum driveshaft and new clutch/lightweight flywheel. you will really notice the diff. :]