Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 01-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
Toyota$upra
Stock

Toyota$upra is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help ASAP

hello everyone my name is mike and im new the the forums. Im from maine but am stationed at ft lewis WA and im looking to buy a supra. well i found 1 its a 93 NA hardtop 5speed 88k miles i took it for a test drive today, unfortunatly it was raining. upon taking the test drive i noticed it had very little power and not very quick to respond to the pedal being mashed to the floor. im not exactly sure what im supposed to feel when i drive this car for the fact it was my first time. another problem i noticed was it pulled hard to the right at the time i was thinking it just may need a alignment but after the test drive i did a walk around and saw over spray on the gas tank and under the car so it had obviously been painted. so i asked the guy had the car ever been in a wreck and he said no my wife wanted the car yellow so she painted it, well i proceded to open the hood and saw the white radiator supports and a red hood..... that confused me im thinking the car was in a collision to the front but i have no way of telling how bad it was. shes asking 14,900 and im not sure if its worth it the title is clean but it had to have been in a wreck of some sort i need help on decideing what i should do or what steps i should take to find out if the damage affected the cars structure frame body anything. also its a 5 spd but the gauge cluster looked like it may have been from an auto under the speedo was a P 1 2 D L or something of that nature so basically im just realy confused on what i should do any suggestions.

ps i know i have the worst grammar in the world plz keep this thread about helping me and not flaming on me lol
Toyota$upra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #2
Toyota$upra
Stock

in desprite need of advice plz help car may be sold by monday i need to know if i should go put a deposite on the car
Old 01-08-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
suprafann
3" Exhaust

suprafann is on a distinguished road

id be skeptical, for the body take it to a shop of yoru choice to get the frame checked, theyw ill telly ou if its been in a accident.

The paint, they might of jsut painted it, seems to be a shitty job if its different colours, they might of jsut sprayed over the old paint which iwll lead to flaking sooner or later.

Do a CARFAX report if you havnt??

the 5 speed thing, if it has the auto cluster than it was a manual most likely, CALL the DMV and see if they can tell what the car came with auto/manual, they may be able to search their computers etc.

Sounds like it might of been a rebuilt, i would say get an alignment see if it pulls cause i wouldnt touch it if it does..you never know

Fromt he advicve i got was, keep askign questions, maybe he will contradict himself, but if you dont have much time take it to a shop and get them to inspect it

ALSO GET A THIRD PARTY TO INSPECT IT, I got SGS to Inspect the car, they check it over and tes drive it, send you pictures thay take and give you a full report, it was worht the 99 bucks for me, gave me athird partys view of teh car, sellers will say anything to hype up their car

The car im looking at has been repainted, seller told me and has the paperwork from toyota that shows them painting it etc....it had small hail damage, but to take the dents out ig uess they repainted it....car has a clean title
suprafann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
Toyota$upra
Stock

what i ment by the hood being red was that under the hood was red and top was the color of the car meaning that its a replacement hood... now the only way they would need a replacement hood was if the car was damaged...anyways need some more opinions if possible
Old 01-08-2006, 03:08 AM   #5
suprafann
3" Exhaust

i donno why they would need a new hood

so the top part of teh hood was say "gray" and the bottom red?

what was the original colour of teh car red?

i donno either seems like a car thats been repaired or just a crappy/lazy paint job
if you want i know somoen selling a 95 supra N/A auto for about 14,500
black and in in great condition

but hes in teh east sumwere, detriot or sumthin
Old 01-08-2006, 06:01 AM   #6
Toyota$upra
Stock

still looking for a few others input plz also if anyone knows any place that deals alot with supra in washington plz let me know... and if u know of a reliable bodyshop to take my car to to check out the frame
Old 01-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota$upra
still looking for a few others input plz also if anyone knows any place that deals alot with supra in washington plz let me know...
This place isn't too far from Washington...
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/mapit/

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Blingologist
Stock

Blingologist is on a distinguished road

With what little you accually know about the car and what little the owner is telling you, steer clear of this car. There are plenty of Supras out there, dont buy the first one you find. Take your time and look. Thats what I did and I cant really complain. I looked at three Supras before I bought the one I have now, be patient, youre only helping yourself.
Blingologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:12 AM   #9
suprafann
3" Exhaust

i looked at about 15,

anyone know were horsepowerfreaks is lcoated, address?

maybe ill stop by their on my drive home form picking up the car
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 AM   #10
supramanocnsd
3" Exhaust

supramanocnsd is on a distinguished road
Default Don't buy it...

It sounds way too strange.... Feel your gut... you knoe it's a pile , right??? The asking price is way too high.... even for a na...... walk away find another one...... let some other kid get that junk.....not trying to be mean but everything you typed suggests that you know it's crap so find another one....
supramanocnsd is offline   Reply With Quote