Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 11-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road
Default Buying a 93 TT Supra, Questions...........

Ok guys, I have been a Supra fanatic my entire life, I have had 3 Supra's but never a 93+. I am looking at a very sexy 93 auto with 130 k on it. Car is a 2 owner car with a lot of money put into it, built boost logic tranny, nice wheels, HKS exhaust, boost controller, and so much more! The guy who owned this car before has every receipt ever on this Supra, I mean everything was changed every 2,500 miles, every house was replaced twice over, kind of ridiculous really, we figure not including the price of the car this guy spent $50,000 on it over the years. Timing belt was changed a few years about at 102,000 miles, The engine seems to run good and it seems strong, didn't notice anything on our 1 hr test drive. In the receipts the guy who I’m buying it from had the compression tested at a toyota dealer back in 2008, it was the middle of june and hot that day, but the technicians report says "all cylinders with-in 130 & 135 with in spec, reason for low numbers was engine was hot" thats what I’m concerned about, should i be? Can I do any other test on the engine before I buy? The cars condition is pretty amazing overall its obvious its been very well maintained. Thanks guys! I know the guy who has owned it for the last 5 years has only but 8k miles since he purchased it in 2008. Oh & I am paying $17,000 for the car Monday night if I decide to buy it. Clean title, lot’s of extra parts, EB lowering springs, blow offs, hks everything included. Ohhh, it has the very nice aluminum high end radiator and electric fans as well, intercooler , HKS i believe & original owner used it for business drove it accross texas so it does have lots of highway miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	4351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1552.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	4352  

Last edited by Codyjamesuno; 11-19-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Default hummm

wow, i guess i should not
expect much feed back on this, that stinks
Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #3
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjamesuno View Post
wow, i guess i should not
expect much feed back on this, that stinks
Not to worry - I'll provide feedback.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok guys, I have been a Supra fanatic my entire life, I have had 3 Supra's but never a 93+. I am looking at a very sexy 93 auto with 130 k on it. Car is a 2 owner car with a lot of money put into it, built boost logic tranny, nice wheels, HKS exhaust, boost controller, and so much more! The guy who owned this car before has every receipt ever on this Supra, I mean everything was changed every 2,500 miles, every house was replaced twice over, kind of ridiculous really, we figure not including the price of the car this guy spent $50,000 on it over the years. Timing belt was changed a few years about at 102,000 miles, The engine seems to run good and it seems strong, didn't notice anything on our 1 hr test drive. In the receipts the guy who I’m buying it from had the compression tested at a toyota dealer back in 2008, it was the middle of june and hot that day, but the technicians report says "all cylinders with-in 130 & 135 with in spec, reason for low numbers was engine was hot" thats what I’m concerned about, should i be? Can I do any other test on the engine before I buy? The cars condition is pretty amazing overall its obvious its been very well maintained. Thanks guys! I know the guy who has owned it for the last 5 years has only but 8k miles since he purchased it in 2008. Oh & I am paying $17,000 for the car Monday night if I decide to buy it. Clean title, lot’s of extra parts, EB lowering springs, blow offs, hks everything included. Ohhh, it has the very nice aluminum high end radiator and electric fans as well, intercooler , HKS i believe & original owner used it for business drove it accross texas so it does have lots of highway miles.
You can do a leakdown test on the engine to verify the condition. To me, those very low compression numbers would be a huge concern, and at the very least should allow you to negotiate the price at least $4000 lower (that's the cost of a new Toyota 2jz-gte shortblock).

P.S. If he ran high boost on pump gas, all the receipts in the world wouldn't have saved his engine.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 AM   #5
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Default Ended up picking up the car,

I ended up picking up the car, and it's worth every penny I paid! Everything checked out good with it from the mechanic, it's in amazing condition & one hell of a machine, I am only sorry I waited so long to get one of my own! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1591.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	4381   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1592.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	4382   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	4383  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #6
Supras4ever
Stock

Supras4ever is on a distinguished road

You didn't say if it's a n/a or TT and how many hp's .
Either way, for the price it's amazing (thinking on the 50k spent)
Supras4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
[SupraLEGEND]
Intake

[SupraLEGEND] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I ended up picking up the car, and it's worth every penny I paid! Everything checked out good with it from the mechanic, it's in amazing condition & one hell of a machine, I am only sorry I waited so long to get one of my own! Thanks!
Congrats man! She's a beauty alright. Very hot! Even though the mileage is so high, you say she's running well which is proof of Toyota's legendary reliability - bulletproof

I'll be getting a very hot and beautiful one too...soon. And it's almost brand new - like less than 10k miles with great mods!!!!!
[SupraLEGEND] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supras4ever View Post
You didn't say if it's a n/a or TT and how many hp's .
Either way, for the price it's amazing (thinking on the 50k spent)
oh sorry it's a TT, I dont know the HP numbers but I was told from my good friend who builds these that he would say around 400 at the crank, 350 at the wheels with the boost up and the mods it has. Wont know till I through it on the dyno, I know its fast enough for me!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SupraLEGEND] View Post
Congrats man! She's a beauty alright. Very hot! Even though the mileage is so high, you say she's running well which is proof of Toyota's legendary reliability - bulletproof

I'll be getting a very hot and beautiful one too...soon. And it's almost brand new - like less than 10k miles with great mods!!!!!
you have to share some pics of it, thats how this one is, no possible way would you think this car had that many on it, shit, its only had two owners, the last guy put less then 4k on it in almost 6 years!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
[SupraLEGEND]
Intake

[SupraLEGEND] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you have to share some pics of it, thats how this one is, no possible way would you think this car had that many on it, shit, its only had two owners, the last guy put less then 4k on it in almost 6 years!
I'd love to but, I'll keep you waiting until I get it which will be sooner rather than later Yeah, know what you mean! Yours has a lot of mileage and 2 previous owners yet, the car looks very new indeed - well taken care of
[SupraLEGEND] is offline   Reply With Quote