Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
carl3564
Stock

carl3564 is on a distinguished road
Default hi there

hi there, im new here...i currently own a honda crx delsol ive spent a fair bit on money onto it but i feel now its time for some thing "more fun" im looking at the areodeck supras however my only off put is ican only seem to find them in 3.0 auto ?, the supra's really catch my eye and i think would be the perfect car for me to get, im just curious as if i do go for the auto areodeck supra i do have intention's of putting the 3.0 twin turbo manual engine into it, providing it is possible and all the right parts are got surley this would be a fairly straight forward swop ?
as im fairly new to the whole jap car industry as my delsol was my first jap car which to be honest i wish i got into jap cars along time ago now im not 100% sure what modles the supras come in.
carl3564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
d12cons34
Stock

d12cons34 is on a distinguished road

hi and welcome to there u will find very awe soem material here
Old 11-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

3.0 TT, so I assume you're talking about the MKIV (last generation Supra)? I'll move this to the right forum; You'll get more response.

My opinion on swaps is to avoid them if at all possible. There will always be things you are missing and it is seldom as "straight forward" as you would like. If you do opt for a swap try to get a vehicle that is as closely equipped as possible so you don't find yourself later spending a furtune upgrading other items such as an anemic N/A brake and suspension setup or installing an oil cooling circuit which didn't come in your car but did with the turbo model.... and so on.

Del Sols have driven me nuts.... Should have been mid/rear engine, RWD... and well, in the all to common opinion of MR-2 owners (especially the SW-20 crowd), much sexier.

Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you find something that suits and serves you well!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl3564 View Post
hi there, im new here...i currently own a honda crx delsol ive spent a fair bit on money onto it but i feel now its time for some thing "more fun" im looking at the areodeck supras however my only off put is ican only seem to find them in 3.0 auto ?, the supra's really catch my eye and i think would be the perfect car for me to get, im just curious as if i do go for the auto areodeck supra i do have intention's of putting the 3.0 twin turbo manual engine into it, providing it is possible and all the right parts are got surley this would be a fairly straight forward swop ?
as im fairly new to the whole jap car industry as my delsol was my first jap car which to be honest i wish i got into jap cars along time ago now im not 100% sure what modles the supras come in.
The only Supra that the 3.0 twin turbo came in is the Mkiv Supra Turbo. "Mkiv" stands for 4th generation: MK='Mark', IV=Four in roman numerals.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote