Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 07-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
marezmichael
Stock

marezmichael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97SupraTT View Post
Yeah, I know about the rain there. I was at Ramstein from 2006-2010 but I made very frequent trips down to the Graf/Vilseck area. We used the dropzone on graf for airdrops all the time.

Let me know what happens when you are able to disconnect the battary.

so what should i do if that doesn't work?!
marezmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
marezmichael
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Sounds like maybe an ignition problem? Try taking off your distributor cap and plug wires and let them dry thoroughly...

ok, took the distro cap off, absolutely no water at all. wiped it off anyways, still no change.
disconnected the battery for over an hour and wiped down the terminal, still no change.

any other suggestions?!? or did i just mess up the electronics?!?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #13
97SupraTT
3" Exhaust

97SupraTT is on a distinguished road

I would say that we need to find out for sure what those warning lights are. If you cant tell then maybe someone else can get on here that knows or can look at their car or owner books. I dont have my car or books available right now to look at. You could also see if any codes come up.
97SupraTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #14
marezmichael
Stock

Quote:
I would say that we need to find out for sure what those warning lights are. If you cant tell then maybe someone else can get on here that knows or can look at their car or owner books. I dont have my car or books available right now to look at. You could also see if any codes come up.

i know the one by the fuel and temp gauge is the ABS light.
as far as the other light is an ! with a triangle around it, thats about the tach
Old 07-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
97SupraTT
3" Exhaust

97SupraTT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezmichael View Post
i know the one by the fuel and temp gauge is the ABS light.
as far as the other light is an ! with a triangle around it, thats about the tach
Well the light that you described sounds like a general coution light. My supra is in storage in the states (I didnt want to bring it to Guam) so I cant look at it. I bet if you checked for codes you would get something.
97SupraTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #16
marezmichael
Stock

Quote:
Well the light that you described sounds like a general coution light. My supra is in storage in the states (I didnt want to bring it to Guam) so I cant look at it. I bet if you checked for codes you would get something.

thats what im going to look for when it stops raining. but, thanks for everything.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #17
marezmichael
Stock

ok so. took distributor cap off, no water, dried it anyways. disconnected battery, wiped of terminals; nothing. waiting for night to start the engine to see if i could see sparks coming from any of the plugs, nothing. connected E1 & TE1 to run check, no check engine blinks; tried connecting them with the ignition on, and connected them with ignition off then turn on, nothing.

dont know what to do now. going go buy a new battery and see if thats the problem, doubt it but its worth a try.

if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to share please!!?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ok so. took distributor cap off, no water, dried it anyways. disconnected battery, wiped of terminals; nothing. waiting for night to start the engine to see if i could see sparks coming from any of the plugs, nothing. connected E1 & TE1 to run check, no check engine blinks; tried connecting them with the ignition on, and connected them with ignition off then turn on, nothing.

dont know what to do now. going go buy a new battery and see if thats the problem, doubt it but its worth a try.

if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to share please!!?
It could be a vacuum leak. Perhaps your spraying in the engine bay dislodged a hose. Pressurize your intake to find the leak.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
marezmichael
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
It could be a vacuum leak. Perhaps your spraying in the engine bay dislodged a hose. Pressurize your intake to find the leak.

ima noob, so how would i go about doing that?
Old 07-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #20
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ima noob, so how would i go about doing that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL3jbcrqY8g

Some other options:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1fTSP8VHvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6eEf...eature=related

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote