Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 02-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #81
warmkop

warmkop is on a distinguished road
Default need help making power 94tt

flywheel is balanched and ready to be put together.wanted to ask what do you think about holset turbos like the hx 45 and hx50
warmkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #82
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
flywheel is balanched and ready to be put together.wanted to ask what do you think about holset turbos like the hx 45 and hx50
I'm not familiar with them offhand - can you send me a link so I can examine their specifications?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #83
warmkop

they are diesel turbos but i dit some research and the people who used it got good results same as the garret turbos just tipe in holset hx 45 there is alot of stuff on them.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #84
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
they are diesel turbos but i dit some research and the people who used it got good results same as the garret turbos just tipe in holset hx 45 there is alot of stuff on them.
Sounds like an experiment to me. Unless the turbo has been spec'd to produce optimal horsepower gains in a 3.0L gasoline engine, I can't recommend it. However, if you do decide to go forward with this experiment, I'd ask a bit favor of you to please post your results here.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #85
warmkop

Default Need help making power 94tt

I want to change the valve stem seals before i start assemble is it just better to take the head off or do i try to do it with the head on.I got a gasket set the make is evergreen automotive do you know it.The valve stem seals is worn out because of the crap that is in the head.If i must take it off il get ARP head studs and take the head in to get clean.thanks.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #86
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone I've heard of going this route has been disappointed. Here's a little background info on the differences and physics involved:

http://www.wcengineering.com/articles/dieselturbo.html

Among other issues diesel turbochargers typically have a huge A/R to accommodate the slower and cooler exhaust. You can get the HX45 with a variety of back end configurations for different applications and it's easy money to bet that what you've got isn't ideal for any gasoline engine.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #87
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
I want to change the valve stem seals before i start assemble is it just better to take the head off or do i try to do it with the head on.I got a gasket set the make is evergreen automotive do you know it.The valve stem seals is worn out because of the crap that is in the head.If i must take it off il get ARP head studs and take the head in to get clean.thanks.
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/p/w/pwpanas...ra%20Turbo.htm

Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #88
warmkop

so i decided to take the head off so that the head can be recond and the company is grinding the cams to 272 8.3mm lift.do you know that brand of gasket evergreen or do i just buy a toyota head gasket or a cometic.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #89
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
so i decided to take the head off so that the head can be recond and the company is grinding the cams to 272 8.3mm lift.do you know that brand of gasket evergreen or do i just buy a toyota head gasket or a cometic.
A stock head gasket is fine for a 2jz-gte. Exceptions might be a very high lift cam (which is excellent for forced induction, by the way), and a custom valve seat job (eg. 7 angle, full radius, etc.).

Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #90
warmkop

Default Need help making power 94tt

Hi me again.The head should be finish next week can wait.So i hade some money to spent so bought a new turbo a garret rated at 700hp.Can any one help me i want to buy full slicks MT or MH was thinking of getting 26/15/11 will it fit.