Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #101
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
one of my waterlines on the iac broke wil the car give lot of problems with out the water lines
It depends on your climate. Those water lines are there to ensure the IAC doesn't have difficulty operating in extremely cold conditions.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #102
warmkop

warmkop is on a distinguished road
Default Need help making power 94tt

Pick of my progress so far.

warmkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #103
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Pick of my progress so far.
Wow, what beautiful work! Really great - a clean-looking install!!! Are you doing it all yourself?

Please keep us informed, and post more pictures as you make progress.

Many thanks,
Phil

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #104
warmkop

Thanks,yes doing it my self. Installed the second pump and wiring it is a walbro 400l/ph pump must just install the second fuel filter tomorrow and hopefully i can start her and look for any problems and then it must go for the exhaust next week.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #105
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Thanks,yes doing it my self. Installed the second pump and wiring it is a walbro 400l/ph pump must just install the second fuel filter tomorrow and hopefully i can start her and look for any problems and then it must go for the exhaust next week.
You probably already know these items about installing a second pump, but just in case:
1) Be sure to run a brand new fused circuit from the battery, triggered via 30+ amp relay
2) Be sure to use at least 14 gauge wire. Anything less could heat up and the last thing you want in your fuel tank is a hot wire.
3) Use the oem ground pin to get power for the 2nd pump through the top of the fuel tank. Run a 14 gauge wire to a 1/4" threaded rod run through the tank cover to ground both the oem pump and the new pump. Do this instead of trying to run a wire through the top of the fuel tank, as fuel and vapors will flow through the insulation of the wire.
4) Run at least a -6AN line for the new pump, and run that entire system (with inline filter) to one side of your aftermarket fuel rail
5) Use a fuel pulsation dampener bypass from the oem fuel line to the other side of the aftermarket fuel rail

Any other questions be sure to ask...

Old 09-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #106
warmkop

Quote:
1) Be sure to run a brand new fused circuit from the battery, triggered via 30+ amp relay
2) Be sure to use at least 14 gauge wire. Anything less could heat up and the last thing you want in your fuel tank is a hot wire.
3) Use the oem ground pin to get power for the 2nd pump through the top of the fuel tank. Run a 14 gauge wire to a 1/4" threaded rod run through the tank cover to ground both the oem pump and the new pump. Do this instead of trying to run a wire through the top of the fuel tank, as fuel and vapors will flow through the insulation of the wire.
4) Run at least a -6AN line for the new pump, and run that entire system (with inline filter) to one side of your aftermarket fuel rail
5) Use a fuel pulsation dampener bypass from the oem fuel line to the other side of the aftermarket fuel rail

Any other questions be sure to ask...
1)new circuit is in with relay
2)used 14guage wire
3)Ran wires through the top of tank sealed them with srink strips.
4)used an6 line with filter.
5)Do i need the the FPD wont the aeromotive FPR sort that out.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-02-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #107
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
..3)Ran wires through the top of tank sealed them with srink strips..
What's a srink strip? Again, this probably won't work. Fumes and vapors will come up the insulation - it acts like a hose (even though some of the space is blocked with copper strands).
Quote:
..5)Do i need the the FPD wont the aeromotive FPR sort that out.
No. How are you planning to feed the other end of the fuel rail? The FPR usually connects in line with the fuel return, not the fuel feed line(s). The FPDB goes between the oem fuel filter and one end of the fuel rail. There should be one line between your new fuel filte rand the other end of the fuel rail.

Note: You *can* hook the FPR into one of the lines feeding the fuel rail. In fact, you can "T" the two fuel lines into one and "T" the FPR into that line, and then send it to one end of the rail with the other end blocked off. However, all of those designs are inferior for one reason or another. Let me know if you want to get into more detail.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-03-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #108
warmkop

Okay i will install the FPD.What size exhaust will you recommend.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #109
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Okay i will install the FPD.What size exhaust will you recommend.
Depends on hp. Are you still running that "garret rated at 700hp" turbo? If so, that works out to 595rwhp through a 6pd, right? Reminder: for high boost always run the correct octane of fuel. If those are the correct numbers, then really any 3" or bigger exhaust system will work. Note: This has to be 3" or bigger all the way through, with mandrel bends...including the downpipe and the midpipe.

You really only need to go to a 4" exhaust system at >1000whp. Some guys that run >1500whp with the 2jz-gte (usually trailered race cars) will even use 5" piping.

From a big-picture perspective in the world of the 2jz-gte, 595rwhp isn't that much. No need to go crazy with the size or price of the exhaust system.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-04-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #110
warmkop

I was thinking of getting 3' or 4' pipe.
Running clean ethanol.
First want to see how the clutch holds up before i do anything els.