Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
itarumaa
Stock

itarumaa is on a distinguished road
Default 3.0 NA service intervals

Hi,

hope you are having a good day. Now I can find all sorts of info about how much hp to get from Supra, but I cannot find anything related to service of the car.

I am considering to buy a Supra 3.0l NA manual, from year 1994.

But what kind of service intervals does the car have?

1. When does the timing belt need to be changed? How many miles or years is the interval. Should the timing belt pulleys and tensioner be changed as well. Does the timing belt run the water pump as well and should that be changed when timing belt is done?

2. What is the service intervals for serpentine belt and does it pulleys need to be changed with the belt?

3. What is the recommend coolant and brake fluid change intervals? Does the car have normal Dot 4 fluid for brakes or something more special?

4. Oil and filter change, recommended values and what is the normal oil used in the car? 10w40 or something else?

5. Are spark plugs basic stuff or some high tech ones that you can only get from Toyota with serious price? And what interval those have

Any this kind of information would be nice to have, since I would like to know more about the car and what kind of service it does require.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day
itarumaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by itarumaa View Post
Hi,

hope you are having a good day. Now I can find all sorts of info about how much hp to get from Supra, but I cannot find anything related to service of the car.

I am considering to buy a Supra 3.0l NA manual, from year 1994.

But what kind of service intervals does the car have?

1. When does the timing belt need to be changed? How many miles or years is the interval. Should the timing belt pulleys and tensioner be changed as well. Does the timing belt run the water pump as well and should that be changed when timing belt is done?

2. What is the service intervals for serpentine belt and does it pulleys need to be changed with the belt?

3. What is the recommend coolant and brake fluid change intervals? Does the car have normal Dot 4 fluid for brakes or something more special?

4. Oil and filter change, recommended values and what is the normal oil used in the car? 10w40 or something else?

5. Are spark plugs basic stuff or some high tech ones that you can only get from Toyota with serious price? And what interval those have

Any this kind of information would be nice to have, since I would like to know more about the car and what kind of service it does require.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day
If you're buying a "Supra 3.0l NA manual", you should also buy the Supra 3.0l NA owner's manual, Toyota part number 00400-14507. It will answer all of these questions.

Disclaimer: If this post doesn't help, please ignore it. Please don't shoot the messenger! I have an Mkiv TT, not an N/A, so I don't have the answers to your questions myself. In other words, by recommending that you purchase the owner's manual, I've pointed you to the only source I know to provide you with a complete and 100% accurate answer to all of the questions you asked.

P.S. Did you at least like my play on the word "manual"?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-14-2011 at 12:30 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
wcrispino
Stock

wcrispino is on a distinguished road
Default Service Intervals

With regards to getting the service manuals, you can download it from the internet. I forget which site but I'm sure if you google supra workshop manuals it will eventually lead you to the right site.

With regards to servicing, I usually do engine oil and filter every 5000KMS ( I don't know how much in miles) and 100000KMS for timing belt, and when you do timing belt you might aswell do water pump and tensioners. These service intervals are for my car personally as I have an N/A, which is a daily.

Hopethat helps
wcrispino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrispino View Post
With regards to getting the service manuals, you can download it from the internet. I forget which site but I'm sure if you google supra workshop manuals it will eventually lead you to the right site.
Actually, the owner's manual is not available online. Also, if someone were to post it online, it would be a copyright violation. Why not spring for a few bucks and purchase the book you need? Everyone I know that has got his own copy has never regretted the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrispino View Post
With regards to servicing, I usually do engine oil and filter every 5000KMS ( I don't know how much in miles) and 100000KMS for timing belt, and when you do timing belt you might aswell do water pump and tensioners.
For a TT, be sure to use full synthetic oil.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-16-2011 at 10:36 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote