Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
deanja8
Stock

deanja8 is on a distinguished road
Default Both "Master Warning and BRAKE" light comes on while making a turn...

Long time reader, first time post… I need some help from the community. While slowing down to make a right turn tonight with my blinker on, the “Master Warning Light” and “BRAKE” (type A, e-brake) light came at the same time. A few seconds after the turn, they turned off. Slowing down for another turn, blinker on, and both lights came on again, but they stayed on a bit longer before turning off. Has anyone experienced this problem or know what maybe causing it?
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanja8 View Post
Long time reader, first time post… I need some help from the community. While slowing down to make a right turn tonight with my blinker on, the “Master Warning Light” and “BRAKE” (type A, e-brake) light came at the same time. A few seconds after the turn, they turned off. Slowing down for another turn, blinker on, and both lights came on again, but they stayed on a bit longer before turning off. Has anyone experienced this problem or know what maybe causing it?
Thanks for your help.
Most likely a low oil level.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
deanja8
Stock

deanja8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Most likely a low oil level.
Oil level is ok. Thanks pwpanas!

I went to start it up today, and now both light are staying on... I shut it down and restarted the car (hoping the lights will go away), no luck they're still on. Any other suggestions? I also noticed that when I looked under the hood for anything that may cause the problem, I heard a hissing sound coming from the "Resistor Pack Part# 28515-46010" (at least I think it came from it) when the car was off. Is this normal and can this be the problem or is it another issue that I have?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanja8 View Post
Oil level is ok. Thanks pwpanas!

I went to start it up today, and now both light are staying on... I shut it down and restarted the car (hoping the lights will go away), no luck they're still on. Any other suggestions? I also noticed that when I looked under the hood for anything that may cause the problem, I heard a hissing sound coming from the "Resistor Pack Part# 28515-46010" (at least I think it came from it) when the car was off. Is this normal and can this be the problem or is it another issue that I have?

Thanks
It's not normal for the resistor pack to hiss. Although this is part of the electronics (obviously), I doubt it's related to your oil sensor.

If your master warning light is on, you'll be able to read the code(s) to determine the problem.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote