Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
MK4 Matt
Stock

MK4 Matt is on a distinguished road
Question 94 Supra questions and help!

So im a fairly new supra owner and new to this forum I recently bought a JDM 1994 Toyota Supra N/A 5 speed last year and just started driving it this summer and fell in love with the car!. It came with aftermarket rims and a body kit and i just recently put in a new sound system too. I'm planning to keep this car for a very long time and I want to make it the v6 beast it is. so I did some research about either swapping or doing a whole new engine rebuild and decided to go with a whole new rebuild for my horsepower goals which are around 700-800hp. I was wondering what I would have to do/buy to achieve this hp range and where I would acquire these parts I live in Canada, Alberta. I really don't care how long or how much its going to cost me like I said im planning to keep this car for a very long time and I doubt I will ever be getting rid of it.

Thanks
MK4 Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK4 Matt View Post
So im a fairly new supra owner and new to this forum I recently bought a JDM 1994 Toyota Supra N/A 5 speed last year and just started driving it this summer and fell in love with the car!. It came with aftermarket rims and a body kit and i just recently put in a new sound system too. I'm planning to keep this car for a very long time and I want to make it the v6 beast it is. so I did some research about either swapping or doing a whole new engine rebuild and decided to go with a whole new rebuild for my horsepower goals which are around 700-800hp. I was wondering what I would have to do/buy to achieve this hp range and where I would acquire these parts I live in Canada, Alberta. I really don't care how long or how much its going to cost me like I said im planning to keep this car for a very long time and I doubt I will ever be getting rid of it.

Thanks
OUCH!!! First of all, it's NOT a V6. Horror of Horrors! It's an INLINE-SIX, for goodness sakes!!!

Do you meann 700hp at the crank or 800hp at the crank or 700rwhp or 800rwhp? All of those are different.

Secondly, do you just want the horsepower, or do you want all of the complimentary systems that will help you SAFELY DRIVE AROUND with that horsepower (brakes+abs, suspension, etc.)? If you want the second one and not just the horsepower, you'll find that it will be cheaper to sell your n/a and start with a TT. Just warning you ahead of time...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
MK4 Matt
Stock

MK4 Matt is on a distinguished road

preferably 800rwhp but anywhere between 700 and 800 is fine. Yea I would like the safety too lol but I looked around and there is a shop here that has a project supra and turned it from an na to a tt monster. Is is possible to just do the conversions to my car? or would i have to get a tt supra?

Last edited by MK4 Matt; 11-18-2010 at 08:46 PM.
MK4 Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
preferably 800rwhp but anywhere between 700 and 800 is fine.
You'll have to pick just one of these. The cheapest is 700hp at the crank, and the most expensive is 800rwhp. Each configuration is different.

For 700hp at the crank (595 at the wheels), you'll need a fairly large single turbo kit. Something like this should do the trick:
http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/prod...&cat=19&page=1
Get the 525cc fuel injector option. You'll need to run higher-than-stock fuel pressure, and suppliment with an alcohol injection kit to get enough fuel for 595rwhp. When you buy the kit from Boost Logic, tell them your goal and they'll help with any other electronics and ignition upgrades you'll need too.

Quote:
Yea I would like the safety too lol but I looked around and there is a shop here that has a project supra and turned it from an na to a tt monster. Is is possible to just do the conversions to my car? or would i have to get a tt supra?
Lots of shops have turned n/a Mkiv's into high hp drag cars. However, a drag car is not the ideal application for the Mkiv chassis...it was designed to roadrace. A pure drag car sucks for cornering, and also sucks for street driving (especially, for example, in the rain). If you really want a TT, with all of the great cornering and braking capabilities AND the horsepower, it's more economical to sell the n/a and purchase a TT.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-19-2010 at 04:44 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote