Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 10-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
sheepy
Stock

sheepy is on a distinguished road
Default water temp going up and down when driving

i have a 1993 single turbo 2jz and iam haveing prob with water temp going up when iam in higher revs.
when i back off the revs the temp gauge is droping down to nomal but its not over heating but is getting a lot hoter than nomal.
just not to sure y its doing it anyone konw y its doing this?
sheepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
i have a 1993 single turbo 2jz and iam haveing prob with water temp going up when iam in higher revs.
when i back off the revs the temp gauge is droping down to nomal but its not over heating but is getting a lot hoter than nomal.
just not to sure y its doing it anyone konw y its doing this?
Please list all of your modifications.

Just a few guesses based on your description so far would be undersized (aftermarket) electric fans, too much antifreeze in your coolant mixture, or a bad water pump.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:07 AM   #3
sheepy
Stock

got two ten inch fans and pump seams to be ok.can sit in traffic and does not get hot at wall. just wondeing if a dicky thmostat would cuse it to do that
Old 10-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
got two ten inch fans and pump seams to be ok.can sit in traffic and does not get hot at wall. just wondeing if a dicky thmostat would cuse it to do that
Again, please list all of your modifications.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
sheepy
Stock

single turbo t66 running 400hp on 8psi.Front mont after market rad and fans engen was not long rebulet bout 70thw ago.emc compter and fule systen up sized fule pump apex bosst controler. new inturnals
Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
single turbo t66 running 400hp on 8psi.Front mont after market rad and fans engen was not long rebulet bout 70thw ago.emc compter and fule systen up sized fule pump apex bosst controler. new inturnals
What's an "emc compter"?

What coolant mix are you using?

Couldn't hurt to change the thermostat I guess...it's only a few bucks.

Water pump could still be bad - just because it cools okay while idling doesn't mean it's working well enough to cool while putting out 700rwhp.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #7
89 supra 7mge targa
Stock

89 supra 7mge targa is on a distinguished road
Default temp

have you checked you thermostat maybe its not opening all the way

maybe you could help me i just blew up my 7mgte and a got just the 7mge non turbo i just got a 50 trim how would you oil the turbo would you get a inline pump like do it this way pan to inline pump then to turbo then back to pan
89 supra 7mge targa is offline   Reply With Quote