Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #41
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jpowered
The new C6 z06 is a monster. Yes its faster than any modified supra or ENZO or McLaren F1 on the Nurburgring track-STOCK.(Anything that runs the nurburgring in under 8 minutes is fast). Blitz had a fully built, 750hp supra with full suspension-the works and it ran around 7min 50 seconds or so. The base model C6 vette does it around 8 minutes. The C6 could of gone faster on the nurburgring, but jan got air twice. That car is very well built for a factory car(its as close to a race car as it gets folks). The corvettes chassis/suspension design is race car derived. The vette has balance. It is purely a race car at heart. The supra, skyline are not(They use conventional layouts like every other car). Its funny how people compare cars. The supra was originally made to compete against the 300zx, camaro, mustang, 3000gt, etc. But since the supra is very tunable, many have compared, and run against the bigger dogs like the vette or viper. We are gonna need that new supra super car now to keep up on the track. The mkiv is outdated. I own a supra so Im not taking sides. The new vette isnt anything like its predecessor. Its a killer.
Fwiw, the Mkiv Supra was designed to compete against the Vette. I have a copy of the original Toyota marketing video (VHS format) to prove it. Imo at the time it came out (1993) it was every bit as much racecar as a 'vette (yes even the ZR1).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-20-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #42
Greglatta
Intake

Greglatta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Fwiw, the Mkiv Supra was designed to compete against the Vette. I have a copy of the original Toyota marketing video (VHS format) to prove it. Imo at the time it came out (1993) it was every bit as much racecar as a 'vette (yes even the ZR1).
You do realize that we are talking about the new c6 which is 2005+ and it would walk all over a stock supra no if ands or buts, the new vette was only bettered by the porsche carrera gt and thats a 600k dollar car I think you thinking of older vettes
Old 01-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #43
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglatta
You do realize that we are talking about the new c6 which is 2005+ and it would walk all over a stock supra no if ands or buts, the new vette was only bettered by the porsche carrera gt and thats a 600k dollar car I think you thinking of older vettes
You may be talking about the new c6 vette, but that's comparing apples to oranges as they say. Let's compare what was available when the Mkiv Supra TT came out in '93 to get a fair comparison.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #44
Hennessey
Stock

Hennessey is on a distinguished road

stock tt supra 6 speed would actually be a good race between a cobra. They are similar in 0-60 and 1/4 times. But what most people dont know about mustangs... their top speed sucks dick. If the race was a long one 1/2 mile or so id bet my house on the supra. (i dont have a house ha ha)
as for the vr4. well wich one? they are all diffrent
if it was a 99 vr4 (legit 99 vr4) then it would be the same as the supra a good race but the vr4s top speed isnt like the supras, its less.

cobras cost too much for their performance imo.
kinda like the 06 eclipse LOL.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #45
Hennessey
Stock

Hennessey is on a distinguished road

repost.

i saw something about the c6 zo6, I DEFENATLEY dont think that a c6 z06 could beat ANY modified supra. If the modded supra had over 470 rwhp it would beat the z06. But then again if you lingenfelter twin turbo this car expect numbers like this 0-60 1.76 ..... 1/4 mid low 8 seconds. And yes its a street car and still can daily drive.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #46
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
You may be talking about the new c6 vette, but that's comparing apples to oranges as they say. Let's compare what was available when the Mkiv Supra TT came out in '93 to get a fair comparison.
The whole concept of a corvette coming into this thread was with a new c6, look back on the first page. And no its not comparing apples to oranges if some of you guys say that moddy supra can take a c6 z06
Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #47
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
The whole concept of a corvette coming into this thread was with a new c6, look back on the first page. And no its not comparing apples to oranges if some of you guys say that moddy supra can take a c6 z06
Ok I agree that a modded Mkiv Supra Turbo to a bone-stock C6 Z06 is a fair comparison, since the C6 Z06 benefits from 12+ years of technology/materials/manufacturing advances, 12+ years of racing industry experience, AND (most importantly imo) the Mkiv Supra TT design to study and take advantage of.

So let's go with that comparison: Do you agree with what we "say that a moddy supra can take a c6 z06"? ...or are you saying it's not possible to mod an Mkiv Supra Turbo to hang with a c6 z06? If your perspective is the latter, then what about the Blitz-built 750hp supra ("7min 50 seconds or so" @ Nurburgring) that 2jpowered mentioned?

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-23-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #48
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
Ok I agree that a modded Mkiv Supra Turbo to a bone-stock C6 Z06 is a fair comparison, since the C6 Z06 benefits from 12+ years of technology/materials/manufacturing advances, 12+ years of racing industry experience, AND (most importantly imo) the Mkiv Supra TT design to study and take advantage of.

So let's go with that comparison: Do you agree with what we "say that a moddy supra can take a c6 z06"? ...or are you saying it's not possible to mod an Mkiv Supra Turbo to hang with a c6 z06? If your perspective is the latter, then what about the Blitz-built 750hp supra ("7min 50 seconds or so" @ Nurburgring) that 2jpowered mentioned?
well his info on the c6 doing it in 8 is wrong, the c6 z06 did it in 7 min 42.2 sec 2nd fastest production car to go around it, Im sure a moddy supra could hang with it in 1/4 but if you were to take it to the track the light weight of the corvette and the 505hp and god knows how much torque make it a amazing track car. He was talkng about the base model c6 not the Z06 version
Old 01-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #49
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
well his info on the c6 doing it in 8 is wrong, the c6 z06 did it in 7 min 42.2 sec 2nd fastest production car to go around it, Im sure a moddy supra could hang with it in 1/4 but if you were to take it to the track the light weight of the corvette and the 505hp and god knows how much torque make it a amazing track car. He was talkng about the base model c6 not the Z06 version
Qft. Fwiw, I agreed that the c6 z06 is an "amazing track car"...but imo so is a "moddy supra".

The question you haven't answered is: Do you think an Mkiv Supra Turbo could be modified to hang with a 100% bone-stock c6 z06 on a roadrace track (eg. N?rburgring, TWS, Roebling Road, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Barber, Laguna Seca, etc.)? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will do fine.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-23-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #50
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
Qft. Fwiw, I agreed that the c6 z06 is an "amazing track car"...but imo so is a "moddy supra".

The question you haven't answered is: Do you think an Mkiv Supra Turbo could be modified to hang with a 100% bone-stock c6 z06 on a roadrace track (eg. N?rburgring, TWS, Roebling Road, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Barber, Laguna Seca, etc.)? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will do fine.
Maybe depends on how much they put into it but it would not be worth it to keep up with the vette
Closed Thread