Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Soulstorm
Stock

Soulstorm is on a distinguished road
Default Is this a big fraud or????

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...p=5&ps=25&so=1

This website is full of Toyota Supras in Japan that are willing to export them to Los Angeles, CA. WHen it calculates the shipping it is only $1,800 for a 10-17 day shipping or something like that. The thing that is tripping me out though is how they have MKIV's for lower than $10,000 USD. What should i do? I'm very tempted in ordering and shipping one here but I don't know if the prices are illogical or they are logical based on the currency differences. What do you guys think?
Soulstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...p=5&ps=25&so=1

This website is full of Toyota Supras in Japan that are willing to export them to Los Angeles, CA. WHen it calculates the shipping it is only $1,800 for a 10-17 day shipping or something like that. The thing that is tripping me out though is how they have MKIV's for lower than $10,000 USD. What should i do? I'm very tempted in ordering and shipping one here but I don't know if the prices are illogical or they are logical based on the currency differences. What do you guys think?
That site could be legit, but it may be tough getting a RHD model registered/tagged. The chassis standards are different in Japan, and (from what I understand) they don't pass DOT crash standards. Also, I've heard several horror stories about cars that have been stacked for shipment overseas, and got damaged when one above fell onto one below. Please keep us informed if you decide to give it a try.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
Soulstorm
Stock

AHHHH!!!! I really want to give it a gooooo so badly haha. If it is legit i can order my car like next month! But i dont know... Seems to good to be true. haha. So the RHD can stop my car from being legal!? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and I seen a blue mkiv supra that was right hand drive i didnt see the state of the license plate though =/. Ill look into that though sometime. Does anyone here have any experience or know of someone who has bought a car from japan?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
AHHHH!!!! I really want to give it a gooooo so badly haha. If it is legit i can order my car like next month! But i dont know... Seems to good to be true. haha. So the RHD can stop my car from being legal!? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and I seen a blue mkiv supra that was right hand drive i didnt see the state of the license plate though =/. Ill look into that though sometime. Does anyone here have any experience or know of someone who has bought a car from japan?
There are some Canadians on this forum who have. Check out this thread:
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...to-canada.html

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
Soulstorm
Stock

IM SUPERRRR TEMPTED TO ORDER RIGHT NOW haha.
The post you gave me is for shipping to canada. =/ Im in las vegas so i'd need somethin in the states haha
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
IM SUPERRRR TEMPTED TO ORDER RIGHT NOW haha.
The post you gave me is for shipping to canada. =/ Im in las vegas so i'd need somethin in the states haha
It was the best lead I had handy for you. If you do go forward with the order, you might become this forum's US-expert on importing RHD Mkiv's.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Soulstorm
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
It was the best lead I had handy for you. If you do go forward with the order, you might become this forum's US-expert on importing RHD Mkiv's.
That'd make me feel good haha. I think i will go forward with it but it won't be for a while. My parents are trippin about the whole RHD thing still =P