Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
E-ROCK
Stock

E-ROCK is on a distinguished road
Question No fuel need help

I'am a rookie on the 2jzgte I cannot get my car to start the injectors will not turn on. I have a new fuel pump and it stops at injectors. I tried getting the code or number of mil blinks and when i connect terminals it continuosly blinks and does not stop blinking could it be the ecu. I could really use some input on what to check or replace to figure out the problem I have learned alot about this motor but not enough since I started putting it back together i'm at a dead end if anybody could give me some advice I would appreciate it
1993 mk4 tt automatic. It was stripped of the turbo system and alot of other stuff with supposedly a blown motor turned out to be a head gasket . I have it all put back together and I'm having an issue won't start
E-ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ROCK View Post
I'am a rookie on the 2jzgte I cannot get my car to start the injectors will not turn on. I have a new fuel pump and it stops at injectors. I tried getting the code or number of mil blinks and when i connect terminals it continuosly blinks and does not stop blinking could it be the ecu. I could really use some input on what to check or replace to figure out the problem I have learned alot about this motor but not enough since I started putting it back together i'm at a dead end if anybody could give me some advice I would appreciate it
Is there any pattern to the continuous blinking...are there any slight pauses at all in the pattern?

Please refer to this tech article:
MKIV.COM

Note: Your injectors go through a resistor pack and (although rare) that could also be one of the possible problems.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
E-ROCK
Stock

When the light blinks it is just a continous blink. And the blinks are the same length I waited to see if maybe it would stop after some time and it doesnt stop. Thanks for the input

Is there a way to check the resister for injectors
1993 mk4 tt automatic. It was stripped of the turbo system and alot of other stuff with supposedly a blown motor turned out to be a head gasket . I have it all put back together and I'm having an issue won't start

Last edited by E-ROCK; 03-08-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
When the light blinks it is just a continous blink. And the blinks are the same length I waited to see if maybe it would stop after some time and it doesnt stop. Thanks for the input

Is there a way to check the resister for injectors
There is a procedure to test each and every component in your entire Supra ... and those procedures are all detailed in the TSRM (Toyota Supra Repair Manual). If you're going to be doing troubleshooting and mechanical/electrical work on your Supra, you absolutely need your own copy.

I'll do some digging to see if I can find anything about a continuous flashing.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
E-ROCK
Stock

Default no fuel

I have bought the repair manuel from the dealership tis two books one for mechanical one one for body / electrical . I came across a couplke things that it said it would turn off injectors for fail safe mode like an air leak in intercooler couple other ones i went threw those but my light will not stop blinking i couldnt find anything in book that says that ther is a continuos blinking light. The one last thing it said that control baro censor that is in computer controls the injectors but I dont know how to check computer to see if there is a signal apprieciate the help
Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
I have bought the repair manuel from the dealership tis two books one for mechanical one one for body / electrical . I came across a couplke things that it said it would turn off injectors for fail safe mode like an air leak in intercooler couple other ones i went threw those but my light will not stop blinking i couldnt find anything in book that says that ther is a continuos blinking light. The one last thing it said that control baro censor that is in computer controls the injectors but I dont know how to check computer to see if there is a signal apprieciate the help
A continuous blinking light means there is no code stored in the ecu. You'll need to troubleshoot the fuel problem via standard steps. For example:
1) Do you have fuel pressure?
2) Is your injector pulse from the ecu getting to your resistor pack?
3) Is the pulse getting from your resistor pack to the injector?
4) Does the injector have a good ground?
...etc. Iirc, the engine TSRM has all of these troubleshooting steps for fuel.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
E-ROCK
Stock

Default Fuel Injection

Thank you for the input I could not find out what that blinking light meant. Your info has helped me in troubleshooting and now Im having trouble on testing circuits
In the manuel they use a special harness to plug into the system and that allowsthem to get into the circuit and test the voltage and what not . Do you know were I could possibly buy one of those. Also do you have any information about a standalone system for 2jz. When they stole stuff of the motor they broke alot of connecters and clipped some and I dont want to put a stock harness back into it or can you buy connecters that were damaged and replace them .

Last edited by E-ROCK; 03-21-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Thank you for the input I could not find out what that blinking light meant. Your info has helped me in troubleshooting and now Im having trouble on testing circuits
In the manuel they use a special harness to plug into the system and that allowsthem to get into the circuit and test the voltage and what not . Do you know were I could possibly buy one of those. Also do you have any information about a standalone system for 2jz. When they stole stuff of the motor they broke alot of connecters and clipped some and I dont want to put a stock harness back into it or can you buy connecters that were damaged and replace them .
Usually you can test with only a multimeter...a special harness usually isn't required if you are creative (eg. string a long wire from the ecu pin all the way to the engine bay to test for continuity).

Clips can be ordered individually from Toyota, BUT you need the partnumber from the plastic clip in order for Toyota to source it for you. If you have a lot of broken clips, you might want to consider getting an entire new primary wiring harness.