Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #51
1993suprawr
Stock

1993suprawr is on a distinguished road

also my rpm's only go to 8 is that the highest i can go or is that only cause its stock? and around how many rpm's do the turbos actually kick in?
1993suprawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #52
1Chin3seBoi
Intake

1Chin3seBoi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993suprawr View Post
also my rpm's only go to 8 is that the highest i can go or is that only cause its stock? and around how many rpm's do the turbos actually kick in?
u can buy the TRD tach and go up to 10..
and i think its all depend if ur car is modd, or tuned
and some car can go up to like 9ish or somethin
and once again its all depend if ur car is stock or not..
my turbo kick in at 5 which is slow but if i get it retune
and put autronic ecu in it and do a dyno tune
then i think my turbo will kick in earlier (maybe im wrong)
im kinda new with theses stuff too

or just put 200shot of nos and u will be set to go

HKS/GREDDY/SARD/CUSCO/VOLKS
1Chin3seBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #53
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and i was planning on buying this for my car since i dont have any gauges in it Blitz SBC I-Color Electronic Boost Controller with LCD Display should i not worry abotu that stuff or is it okay to buy it and get someone to install it, or what other gauges would i need? or is this thing good enough...haha just thougth i would since it looks pretty sweet lol it shows like "- The color monitor can show 12 kinds of data, which are BOOST, TACHO, SPEED, POWER, TEMPERATURE (water/oil), OIL PRESSURE, FUEL PRESSURE, AIR/FUEL ratio and External Voltage Input 1-3 (needs optional external voltage input harness). Maximum 6 kinds of data can be shown on the screen at the same time. (Please note that temperature sensors, pressure sensors, and A/F unit are optional items.)" i donno just give me a heads up on what type of gauges i should go for and some links so i can buy some like whatever ones that are important, thanx
All you really need is a boost gauge, for most situations. If you're going to be your own tuning with a standalone ecu (or piggybacks), you could use a wideband O2 and EGT...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #54
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
The oem TT, in sequential mode (that's how they come stock) kick in at about 2250 rpms. The second 'stage' kicks in at about 3500 rpms.

If you upgrade to a big single turbo, then the bigger you go, the later it'll spool in the rpm band.

The oem rev limit is 6800. With an aftermarket (standalone) ecu, you can set your rev limit to whatever you want - like (for example) 7500rpms with the oem valve springs, or (again, for example) 9000+ rpms with aftermarket dual valve springs and a built bottom end.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-05-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #55
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
since i have no clue where to start and what to do to the car slowly piece by piece getting it upgraded
Slowly piece by piece is the best way, imho. Don't rush it, and learn as much as possible along the way. Also, enjoy each horsepower upgrade, and use each improvement to improve your driving skills and your ability to handle each incremental increase in power.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #56
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chin3seBoi View Post
ya i think 10 30 is good..
reason y i bought 15 40 cuz they ran out of 10 30 last time lol
really Amsoil is good? never that brand before
i tho royal purple is the best
Yes, Amsoil is the best by a good margin, imho. However, if you're not going to be roadracing, you may not need to worry about that difference. Any 'regular' full synthetic is just fine for street use in a TT.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #57
1Chin3seBoi
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
All you really need is a boost gauge, for most situations. If you're going to be your own tuning with a standalone ecu (or piggybacks), you could use a wideband O2 and EGT...
so wuts the difference between standalone ecu and piggybacks anyways??

Old 10-06-2008, 03:40 AM   #58
mnewxv
3" Exhaust

mnewxv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chin3seBoi View Post
so wuts the difference between standalone ecu and piggybacks anyways??

piggyback hooks into the stock and adds to it, standalone works by itself overriding the stock computer all together. i think thats it
mnewxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #59
1Chin3seBoi
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewxv View Post
piggyback hooks into the stock and adds to it, standalone works by itself overriding the stock computer all together. i think thats it
thanks, so which one is better for better performance and tuning?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #60
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewxv View Post
Actually, even more than overriding, the standalone fully replaces the oem ecu, in most cases.