Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have the equipment to balance the inducer and exducer, the odds are thoroughly against the bearing lasting a long time. You'd have done well to at least have had it balanced and assembled by a shop equipped for the job.

SupraStore has had a fair number of complaints with reasonable turnaround of orders... not uncommon for any small shop though. I don't care if anyone's got a gripe with them, but we've got a section for posting about it... I don't want to hear any more about it in threads that are for another purpose... send a PM or something.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 AM   #12
chopsticks
Intake

chopsticks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Unless you have the equipment to balance the inducer and exducer, the odds are thoroughly against the bearing lasting a long time. You'd have done well to at least have had it balanced and assembled by a shop equipped for the job.

SupraStore has had a fair number of complaints with reasonable turnaround of orders... not uncommon for any small shop though. I don't care if anyone's got a gripe with them, but we've got a section for posting about it... I don't want to hear any more about it in threads that are for another purpose... send a PM or something.
well i know what im doing and the buddy of mine has the shop and tools for everything. it was done right !
Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. Then you also know that there's more to it than just pulling it apart in the garage with vice grips and you SHOULD know better than to blindly suggest it to someone who, for all you know, is a complete novice... right?

This isn't one of those things you want to just 'fuck with' on the weekend... do a real crap job and thoroughly upset the balance and the impeller will be chewing on the housing and puking metal debris into the IC and possibly the engine... I've seen it... not pretty. If you don't have the equipment and know how, this isn't a job that's remotely worth trying.... not even 'just for the experience'.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #14
chopsticks
Intake

Quote:
Excellent. Then you also know that there's more to it than just pulling it apart in the garage with vice grips and you SHOULD know better than to blindly suggest it to someone who, for all you know, is a complete novice... right?

This isn't one of those things you want to just 'fuck with' on the weekend... do a real crap job and thoroughly upset the balance and the impeller will be chewing on the housing and puking metal debris into the IC and possibly the engine... I've seen it... not pretty. If you don't have the equipment and know how, this isn't a job that's remotely worth trying.... not even 'just for the experience'.

dude calm down... this is my car not yours. i know it was done right the buddy of mine does them all day and yes i helped him out...... o by the way the shop i bought it from sends you the directions on a piece of paper on how to take it apart and rebuild it. no where on that paper it say to take to a shop because its not a weekend project . and if you go back and read ....he asked where to get them. in no way did i explain to him how to rebuild it. and since you like chewing me out cuz im such an idiot and i have not clue what im doing then i will gladly give you my buddys number so you can double check with him and make sure everything passes your inspection!

Thank you Dr.Phill
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsticks View Post
dude calm down... this is my car not yours.
I already covered this... I DON'T care what you do with your car... suggesting to a complete novice that they can do it themselves without further explaining that there is a lot more involved and that you even had assistance is really screwed up.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not seething or anything... you aren't pissing me off, I just thought the suggestion was irresponsible.

As for SupraStore, kamikazemkiii had a crap experience with them... I understand and appreciate his desire to express his concerns, but he needs to not make a mission of just posting in threads for the sole purpose of knocking them... we have a shop reviews section for a reason. From what I recall they've had trouble with timeliness and order fulfillment off and on for a long time... but I'm just going off memory. I know they're definitely not the worst or slowest vendor out there.

Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 01-27-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
chopsticks
Intake

Quote:
I already covered this... I DON'T care what you do with your car... suggesting to a complete novice that they can do it themselves without further explaining that there is a lot more involved and that you even had assistance is really screwed up.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not seething or anything... you aren't pissing me off, I just thought the suggestion was irresponsible.

well all i did was say where i got mine and the price andthat i did it myself... never did i say for him to do it him self.