Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 05-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road
Default Couple of questions.

1. From the charcoal filter in front of the starter I have one hose that I am assuming attches to the upper plenum. But I'm not sure because the lower plenum hose is going to plug into it somehow. Can anyone confirm where this thing will go please?

2. In front of the charcoal filter there is a honker of a plug in with a red O-ring.
Can anyone clue me in on what goes there? Is it on the wiring harness?

3. I have lines coming from the egr valve. Can anyone help me locate where these go?? Do they go into the vsv??? I have no clue.

I have finished the fuel rail except for one banjo bolt that plugs in and it is on the wiring harness, I just hate to go ahead and start running the harness before I attache the upper plenum and plus. These things I am unsure of tell me it's not time to install the upper plenum. Because they may grow difficult to get to until I figure this out.

I may have posted to soon but I was freaking a bit. I'm going to go and look at the upper plenum now.

Please and Thank You.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

Alright I'm stopping engine production. Too many things aren't in place as they should be. Along with the afore stated Q's.

I have noticed that I have no nuts on the bolts that hold the starter in. I have the lower plenum and it's hose on correctly. I am missing some bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the body right underneath where you reach up from underneath to tighten those bolts.

The coolant system unit that houses the thermostat.., I have no bottom bolt that will fit it. I have the top bolt and the nut. How the heck do you lose 1 bolt???. Too many hands taking things off at once that's how.

I'll move on to a different section of the auto until I get this sorted out.
My dead line is june 8th wich is my birthday. I don't know if it's going to happen that way it still has a trip to the upholsterer and from there it goes to my mechanic to give it the once over. And do some things I am not experienced enough to do.

Looking at the plenum is no help I can find everything that attaches to it..., it would seem
Old 05-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Can't help you with the charcoal filter as mine is on the exhaust side of the engine bay. If it helps, the vacuum line goes to a bracket on the MAF then to the BVSV on the thermostat housing.

That's one thing I'm anal about, no one, and I mean NO ONE touches my car except me. I don't need helpers to take parts off, if you do, then you should have just paid someone to do it because you are not experienced enough.

How do we know what happened to your lower thermostat bolt or starter nuts, you took them off or you had one of your wrench happy buddies do it. When ever I take a bolt or nut off, I put it right back on the stud or part that it threaded into as soon as I take the part off, that way you A. dont lose it and B. know where it goes when it comes time to reinstall. If it helps the thermostat bolts are 10mm with a M6 X 1 thread size and pitch and there are no nuts for the thermostat housing, for the water outlet housing there are 2 nut if thats what you are talking about. The starter bolt nut is 14mm with a 10mm thread size, don't know what thread pitch it is though.

Come on man, if you need to bring it to a shop to have a "once over" done then you shouldn't be working on your own ride. That says that you don't trust your own skills.

When I work on my car I make a mental note as to how and where every little vacuum hose, bracket or bolt goes. And if there is too much to remember, I take a picture or write it down. The first day I took autoshop in 9th grade the teacher told us, a monkey can take an engine apart, but it takes wisdom to put it back together.

Good luck and put the wrenches down and back away from the car slowly....
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

It was my little brother just discharged from the marine corp. helping me.

Just as you said. I eiether put the bolts back where they go or I attache them to the part. My water outlet housing is what I'm speaking of it has 2 bolts and 1 nut. I can't find the longest bolt.

I have the pictures and the tsrm I'll figure it out. You didn't have to blast my skills man jeeeez.

If my bro was here I would slap him because I know he's the moron that has lost my shit. He probably carried it off when I sent him packing. Yes I agree anyone can tear one down but you have to have a clue to put it back together and It's coming back together.

Thanks for the positivity. I'd like to get you a gift . It's the least I can do with all the caring and warmness you have shown me, lol.

Thanks for responding.

Last edited by supramacist; 05-06-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Wink Supra Bolts

http://www.freewebs.com/supraboost/f...eFasteners.pdf

I can't remember if you have a N/A or turbo, but I will assume its turbo because of the 12psi boost moniker.

There are vacuum routing charts fouond in the FAQs section under 'vacuum hoses'. Will any of those help you??

Last edited by mrnickleye; 05-06-2007 at 08:18 PM.
mrnickleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

The 12 psi boost I thought was a forum thing like new member or senior member.

My rides an na. I pretty much sorted it out. There weren't any nuts on the starter bolts. I was just freaking out last night because I couldn't believe I forgot those and I know I haven't lost any bolts or nuts that i took off.

I really do appreciate the feed back guys. Just remember I'm a guy working on my ride and NOT a mechanic. That's all I really ask. I'm sorry if my post pissed any one off.

I also have an order I am waiting on from toyota and they aren't labeling anything with anything other than a part number wich was adding to my momentary lapse of reason.

The once over was for the guys that told me this ride was a lost cause and to get rid of it instead of rebuilding it.

Last edited by supramacist; 05-07-2007 at 12:38 AM.