Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-24-2007, 04:04 AM   #1
D_Train
3" Exhaust

D_Train is on a distinguished road
Default N00b question and another about lights.

I drove my car, got out and smelled a slight rubber burning smell. It was coming from my rear left tire (if you are sitting in the drivers seat). That was the only place where the smell was coming from. Any thoughts?

Also, I need to get a new headlight (is it a bulb or do I have to replace the whole thing) a left brake light bulb, a right front fog light, both rear license plate bulbs.

Can anyone give me tips on what bulbs i need and where the best place to get them is? Like, can i just go to an auto store and pick up some bulbs? I'm new to cars so please humor me :-D
D_Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
88Tsupra
12psi boost

88Tsupra is on a distinguished road

as for the smoke problem no clue..but as for the blubs its just regular bulbs the head light is easy to take out chcek the TSRM or just take off the four screws on the side of the head light the screws holding the metal frame on the light then after that just pull out the light and reinstall it as for the rear check TSRM again i havent change the real..but for bulbs yeah auto stores will have it but if your head lights were like mines and really dull get HID conversion they work real nice
apexi exhaust tip-custom 3" piping. Replaced with RSR GT II
NGK plug and wires
HID conversion head lights
HKS Turbo Timer Type-1 (in black)
Tial BOV
BIC DDP
88Tsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
D_Train
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Tsupra
as for the smoke problem no clue..but as for the blubs its just regular bulbs the head light is easy to take out chcek the TSRM or just take off the four screws on the side of the head light the screws holding the metal frame on the light then after that just pull out the light and reinstall it as for the rear check TSRM again i havent change the real..but for bulbs yeah auto stores will have it but if your head lights were like mines and really dull get HID conversion they work real nice
Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
tone loc
20psi boost

tone loc is on a distinguished road

check your fuses first then for the tail light you open the hatch and there is a access panel that goes with the tail light. then you will see a white thing that holds all of the tail light bulbs and you just pull that off. if the light bulb is black then its out.

for the fog lights there is one screw that you take off and then you will be able to take off the lamp. pull the black rubber thing back and you will see some wires. disconnect the wires and there is like a pin thing holding the bulb in the lamp. undo that and check if the bulb is out. putting the light back on is a bitch but if you look were the lamp was there is two wires the longer one attachs to a prong on the lamp itself and the other is were you connect the bulb to.
tone loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
D_Train
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone loc
check your fuses first then for the tail light you open the hatch and there is a access panel that goes with the tail light. then you will see a white thing that holds all of the tail light bulbs and you just pull that off. if the light bulb is black then its out.

for the fog lights there is one screw that you take off and then you will be able to take off the lamp. pull the black rubber thing back and you will see some wires. disconnect the wires and there is like a pin thing holding the bulb in the lamp. undo that and check if the bulb is out. putting the light back on is a bitch but if you look were the lamp was there is two wires the longer one attachs to a prong on the lamp itself and the other is were you connect the bulb to.
Thanks for the walk through! I'm heading to the auto parts store later today after work! I'll keep you posted!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #6
tone loc
20psi boost

tone loc is on a distinguished road

let me know if you have any troubles i pretty much check this site everyday
tone loc is offline   Reply With Quote