Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/)
-   -   how fast are 1989 mk3 turbos (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/7145-how-fast-are-1989-mk3-turbos.html)

sbm713 12-28-2006 04:44 AM

we have 3 parts places napa, autozone, and o'reilly's plus we have no good machanic shops up here as dad calls them they are all shade tree mechanics haha. most of them dont know much about domestics and then you hand them a supra they all stand around and scratch their asses lol there were like 4 of them looking at my moms old 300zx when the headlights quit working [they never figured out why they messed up] haha

Monkey 12-28-2006 04:50 AM

That's typical of southern inbred rednecks. I'm a yankee transplant by way of Ohio and Pennsylvania. I moved down here because the weather is nicer year round, and I had to get away from an ex friend who stole money from me. I find it difficult to deal with some of the inbreeders around here, but i manage. I'm the only import driver in my shop of four guys. The owner drives a F-350 power stroke, the exhaust guy drives a four wheel drive Chevy SWB and the main mechanic drives an extended cab 98 Chevy stepside pickup. You can imagine i get some shit for driving a Jap Trap, as my mechanic partner calls them. He seems to think that any domestic can whoop on any import. It's just silly ignorance. I'll let him talk his smack until i get my Eclipse rebuilt or i get ahold of this 87 turbo Supra i've got my eye on.

sbm713 12-28-2006 04:57 AM

hey now im from the south so dont dis us to bad haha we all dont say yee haw and dip copanhagan but i do have an accent like a redneck but thats from growing up down here. but yea i wish we had some good shops maybe a machine shop that could build an engine and then we would be set up, but everyone around here has foxbody mustangs thats why i love to drive daddy's supra haha they wont race me in it lol i have a mustang but its an 03 all stock but thats why i want a camaro so i can whip these mustangs in a 1/4 they wont run the supra to see who is better on top end lol they dont like the thought of going up against a turbo

Monkey 12-28-2006 05:02 AM

I have no problem with southerners. I love southerners. It's the rednecks i can't stand. With their ignorance and inbreeding. You know what i speak of. Some of the areas around where i live is overflowing with them. My shop tends to attract them, as well. It's an exhaust shop, so all these spoiled little redneck high school kids, with trucks that daddy bought them, give them money to go get a set of dual exhaust put on it. It's really sad. They think they're so damn cool, too. What they don't realize is that they wouldn't be shit if mommy and daddy didn't buy them that truck and then give them money to jack it up and put the absolute loudest exhaust possible on it. They're all the same around here.

sbm713 12-28-2006 05:07 AM

hey i guess im what you speak of dad pays for my mustang and paid for the truck i used to have it was a deal we made as long as my grades are above an 85 he would pay for it well he didnt pay for the wheels and tires on the truck or the body lift all that came with it he just paid payments on it he said when i got out of high school i was on mostly on my own he said he would help me as long as i helped myself but as far as the mustang he pays the payments and insurance so does that make me fall into your redneck section??

Monkey 12-30-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbm713
hey i guess im what you speak of dad pays for my mustang and paid for the truck i used to have it was a deal we made as long as my grades are above an 85 he would pay for it well he didnt pay for the wheels and tires on the truck or the body lift all that came with it he just paid payments on it he said when i got out of high school i was on mostly on my own he said he would help me as long as i helped myself but as far as the mustang he pays the payments and insurance so does that make me fall into your redneck section??

At least your dad made deals with you to help you with your auto improvements, like agreeing to pay for cars or parts if you keep your grades up. That is very commendable. I'm talking about the self indulgent jackasses who just straight up go out and buy their underserving kids cars and parts. Those idiots aren't teaching their kids shit, except that daddy will buy me what ever i want, so i'm the shit. I hate THOSE assholes. Those are the rednecks i speak of. I can't even beging to count the number of underage KIDS who roll up into my shop with brand spanking new jacked up Chevy and Ford trucks to get dual exhaust systems put on them. I don't understand where these parents have their heads(apparantely in their asses) when they buy cars and shit for their kids without any kind of incentive for them doing so. I guess Forrest Gump was right. "Stupid is as stupid does."