Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/)
-   -   pulled my engine (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/7032-pulled-my-engine.html)

Supra2NR 12-10-2006 05:59 PM

pulled my engine

not even two weeks
not even one good cruise
not even one good race
after i bought the car
and the engine is out already

i got jackd by the guy that i bought the car from
this is probly one of the flaws of this car
if anybody buys em, they luve em so much, that u instantly know that sumthing is wrong with, if theyre selling em
but i chose to trust pple, big mistake

1)metal headgasket job wasnt done right, so he was better off jus giving me an engine with a blown headgasket
2)blown turbo, no shaftplay, oil on my pipings
3)and this is what pissed me the most, one of the nuts for the engine mount wasnt even there
wtf if the engine dropped while i was driving?

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/600...1220761_rs.jpg

taking the engine out

http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/750...5076014_rs.jpg
a very depressing view

ps, anybody selling a working ct26 turbo for cheap?
jus pm me $150 - $200
(chicago only)

supraman121 12-10-2006 08:02 PM

Why get a used one do you really want to trust someone again? buy an upgraded one or just buy a rebuilt one for 550 bucks

http://www.rabidchimp.com/mk2sup_60trimct26.htm

Well it says this is the turbo upgrade for a mk2 but it should be the same turbo that is on your car right now and you should be able to use it id call just to make sure email the or somthing...

http://www.rabidchimp.com/contact.htm

contact page if you want

Supra2NR 12-10-2006 08:07 PM

well. im gonna bring it to my shop first this time

cuz this time i got a shop where they actually work on mk3's
so i got more help this time

supraman121 12-10-2006 08:13 PM

I dont think there is a supra shop around here anywere but the shop i take my car to swears up and down that they worked on some of the cars that went to nopi this year but so far i havnt had any real problems with them

Supra2NR 12-10-2006 08:25 PM

its hard finding a trustworthy shop
cuz its either u go to a old-experience shop
which will jus take advantage of u , and jack up prices

or u got to a new-unexperienced shop
and you jus get screwed left and right

but, i like the shop that i got right now

oh, one question did the cressida came with the 7mgte engine
cuz they have one in there

kwnate 12-11-2006 02:10 AM

cressida came with the 7m-ge. Oil in your intercooler pipes could be from you pcv system. Its very common.

sd88supra 12-11-2006 03:39 AM

89+ cressidas

yes if im not mistaken the 89+ cressidas came with the 7mge.

Supra2NR 12-11-2006 02:39 PM

o alright then
but it has a 7mgte
but if it came with the ge, it wont be so hard to do a conversion then

tone loc 12-11-2006 09:06 PM

that sucks and he made you wait a couple days right? that's some shady work.

Supra2NR 12-12-2006 03:32 AM

dude , i waited two weeks for the car to get ready

and now he's acting like a bitch by not picking up my calls

i guess im gonna have to drop by his house some time this week

XTREMESUPRA 12-13-2006 12:17 AM

pat
thanxz for takin pic's of my hands pulling your motor and the cressida we did the motor swap. we did that are selfs and thankz for the good thing u say about our shop, we need more peeps like u tommarrow i should get u engine in the shop u should have the car early next week
:gotnos:

Supra2NR 12-13-2006 01:46 PM

im bringing in more business
maybe that way u can give a dicsount of my swap lol

but i'll try to be there
i jus gotta work today , but hopefully i get off early and i can stop by the shop later

and one more thing i found
sum pple selling me sum turbos
idk how do u wanna test em out
do you wanna do it after u put the engine in my car
while it still is in urs?

boostin 12-14-2006 06:03 PM

damn that sucks about the car man. What were you doing when everything happened to it? how long id you have it before it motor went on it?

boostin 12-14-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra2NR
dude , i waited two weeks for the car to get ready

and now he's acting like a bitch by not picking up my calls

i guess im gonna have to drop by his house some time this week

Can I ask you something? Did you sign a bill of sale? If so what was specified on it? Sorry to say it but if I buy a car knowing that it just had work done or if i sell a car I always make sure there is a bill of sale stating what the terms of the sale are. I have bought and sold alot of cars and generally people sell used cars as is with no warranty. That way if something happens to the car after the sale they are not liable.

supraman121 12-14-2006 09:57 PM

Do you need to buy a Whole new engine?

If so stop buy Advanced Auto Parts, Or Auto Zone they sell rebuilt ones for 3k or you can get a used low milage one for like 1200 and i think you get a core charge so all you have to do is plop it in the hole you call a engine bay shouldnt cost to much to install... but it looks like your doing all the work so you should be good.

Plus lowmilage means you can give it more boost without blowing it as easy

Supra2NR 12-15-2006 04:10 AM

thats the problem, im not doing the work by myself i have it in the shop
extremesupra is working on it

but im trying to learn as much as i can
and give as much help as i can

Quote:

What were you doing when everything happened to it? how long id you have it before it motor went on it?
i was doing nothing, the shit happend the first night that i got it,
but he's jus actin like a little bitch, by not pickin up my calls

but im determined to get sum of my money back

nschultz0124 12-15-2006 04:47 PM

Ok,

I have been watching your posts ever since you started this crap. And I’m sick of it. I was completely honest with you about the car. You even looked at the turbo yourself and saw that it had minimum shaft play and spun freely while it was still off the car. You didn’t do anything to make the car break down? Hmmm, I seem to remember another post on the forums here that said you were doing 80 on the expressway the same night you bought it. I understand you were excited about getting it but I in no way intended or knew that the car was going to break down on you. I drove the car home from Missouri in March and even though the guy that I bought it from said it was in tip top running condition it had no brakes and shit tires that were unbalanced and were worn so thin they had the steel belting showing through on them amongst other problems such as some of the lights not working, but you said that was no big deal because you had another supra at home that you could pull parts from. I didn’t call him bitching because I signed a bill of sale that said As is With NO Warranty on it. There was nothing that I could do except for fix the car and move on. I had no idea that there was a loose or missing engine mount bolt either, if there was I would have told you. You also lied about the parts that were put into it. Yeah I saw that post too. The bottom line is you signed a bill of sale that stated As is With NO Warranty. Which means you blowing the car up or doing anything else to it is not my responsibility as soon as you signed that paper. I told you that I had driven it before you got there and it was fine. The car wasn’t throwing the check engine light or anything. I even had it running for like 3 hours that day bleeding out the cooling system and nothing. When you picked it up what did I tell you? I said take it easy on the car and make sure you keep checking the fluids and everything. What did you do? You took it on the expressway at 80 miles an hour which is over the posted speed limit and probably boosted the car too much and blew the new seals on it too. This is the last time you are going to hear from me. Do not call me, and do not come to my house. If you do you will be trespassing and the authorities will be called. If anything happens to my house or my cars you will be the first one the police come to visit. Let’s not forget that I have your address to, I had you write it on the bill of sale remember. I gave you everything I had for the car except for an extra front cover, block, head and cam covers. That included the repair book that I had because I didn’t need it anymore not because I thought you would be using it soon. I’m sorry that this had to happen this way but you leave me no choice. The fact of the matter is you messed the car up now you have to fix it. I told you to take it easy on the car and you ignored me. So this is what you get for that. Have a nice life!!!

Isphius 12-15-2006 05:57 PM

He does have a good point. Definatley not a good idea to do that to a car you just bought. lol. But yeah if you buy a used car from anyone even if they do lie, its all your fault if it breaks down. It happens to us all. I boughgt my car and it blew the HG not 2 weeks later, and i didnt complain that i got robbed, I just started to fix it.

burton51m 12-15-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nschultz0124
Ok,

I have been watching your posts ever since you started this crap. And I’m sick of it. I was completely honest with you about the car. You even looked at the turbo yourself and saw that it had minimum shaft play and spun freely while it was still off the car. You didn’t do anything to make the car break down? Hmmm, I seem to remember another post on the forums here that said you were doing 80 on the expressway the same night you bought it. I understand you were excited about getting it but I in no way intended or knew that the car was going to break down on you. I drove the car home from Missouri in March and even though the guy that I bought it from said it was in tip top running condition it had no brakes and shit tires that were unbalanced and were worn so thin they had the steel belting showing through on them amongst other problems such as some of the lights not working, but you said that was no big deal because you had another supra at home that you could pull parts from. I didn’t call him bitching because I signed a bill of sale that said As is With NO Warranty on it. There was nothing that I could do except for fix the car and move on. I had no idea that there was a loose or missing engine mount bolt either, if there was I would have told you. You also lied about the parts that were put into it. Yeah I saw that post too. The bottom line is you signed a bill of sale that stated As is With NO Warranty. Which means you blowing the car up or doing anything else to it is not my responsibility as soon as you signed that paper. I told you that I had driven it before you got there and it was fine. The car wasn’t throwing the check engine light or anything. I even had it running for like 3 hours that day bleeding out the cooling system and nothing. When you picked it up what did I tell you? I said take it easy on the car and make sure you keep checking the fluids and everything. What did you do? You took it on the expressway at 80 miles an hour which is over the posted speed limit and probably boosted the car too much and blew the new seals on it too. This is the last time you are going to hear from me. Do not call me, and do not come to my house. If you do you will be trespassing and the authorities will be called. If anything happens to my house or my cars you will be the first one the police come to visit. Let’s not forget that I have your address to, I had you write it on the bill of sale remember. I gave you everything I had for the car except for an extra front cover, block, head and cam covers. That included the repair book that I had because I didn’t need it anymore not because I thought you would be using it soon. I’m sorry that this had to happen this way but you leave me no choice. The fact of the matter is you messed the car up now you have to fix it. I told you to take it easy on the car and you ignored me. So this is what you get for that. Have a nice life!!!

ouch, this could get bad

jfunez 12-15-2006 09:31 PM

wOW..OTS LIKE READING A NOVEL OR BETTER...WATCHING AN ACTION MOVIE...

BY THE WAY,,,,THE DUDE WHO SOLD YOU THE CAR HAS A POINT...

SORRY THOUGH..!!

supraman121 12-15-2006 09:55 PM

The way i look at it is ya i need a new engine or a car hmmm which one cost more the engine or the car maybe the time fighting with the guy i bought it from for some money back... in the long run the new engine will probly last longer anyway its an old car, its going to happen some just happen sooner then others, but the car should have been able to handle 80mph on the expressway that isnt all that much i do that much driving back and forth to work

redmaro 12-15-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraman121
The way i look at it is ya i need a new engine or a car hmmm which one cost more the engine or the car maybe the time fighting with the guy i bought it from for some money back... in the long run the new engine will probly last longer anyway its an old car, its going to happen some just happen soon then others, but the car should have been able to handle 80mph on the expressway that isnt all that much i do that much driving back and forth to work

Same thing I tought.

XTREMESUPRA 12-16-2006 01:26 AM

Man It Over My Guys Are Finishing Up The Car And Its Done And It Didn't Cost U Alot And U Have A Brand New Turbo And A Used Engine. So It Done For Thats All I Have To Say And The Person That Sold Him The Car. How Much U Askin For The Left Over Parts

Supra2NR 12-16-2006 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nschultz0124
Ok,

i finally got ur attention
we made a deal i held up my end and u ddnt
we made a deal that the car is gonna be ready with no problems
we made a deal that your gonna do the headgasket job
i did not rush you, i kept waiting
i even said myself, ill rather wait, so you can get the job done right

what happens, first night
it jus craps out on me
the 80 mph was made up
cuz i knew if u see sumthing like this, youre gonna have an excuse for doing a shady job and blame it on me
3000 dollars for one car ride, thats a little expensive for me
you urself said 2500 for a unfinishd car
at least giv me the decency, and giv sum of my money back
idk about you, but i dunt make as much money as you
and i workd my ass for almost a year jus to come up with 2g
and borrow the rest
jus for you to screw me up
i did not hound you, i did not call you 30 times a day
i did not call you while you were working
i had the decency to remember when you dont have work
so i wont bother you while youre busy
i called you once everyweek ever since the incident
you did not hear me yelling at your voicemail
and you gave your word to me, and i trusted you

like i said i held up my end of the deal
why wont you be a man do your part

and one more thing
Quote:

This is the last time you are going to hear from me. Do not call me, and do not come to my house. If you do you will be trespassing and the authorities will be called. If anything happens to my house or my cars you will be the first one the police come to visit. Let’s not forget that I have your address to, I had you write it on the bill of sale remember.
this is jus insulting, if im gonna do this dont you think i would have done it weeks ago, but obviously thats what kind of person you think i am,
when all i have done is try to be a civilized as i can

burton51m 12-16-2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

, but the car should have been able to handle 80mph on the expressway that isnt all that much i do that much driving back and forth to work

+2...it shouldnt have gone bad...unless pat was hotrodding it and just didnt tell us.
the seals n shit arent that brittle
i think someone didnt use the propper torque to put all the bolts on hense why the engine mount came loose

ether it was a shitty HG job
or pat hotrodded it all over

one of the two but only you two know which one it is

Supra2NR 12-16-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

+2...it shouldnt have gone bad...unless pat was hotrodding it and just didnt tell us.
the seals n shit arent that brittle
i think someone didnt use the propper torque to put all the bolts on hense why the engine mount came loose

ether it was a shitty HG job
or pat hotrodded it all over

one of the two but only you two know which one it is
jus look at it this way, how am i gonna go hotrodding on the car
when i can barely drive around the block b4 smoke comes out from the engine
and the smoke coming out of the exhaust was jus horrible
so much coming out, i was scared i was gonna get pulled over for it

and like i said , i made up the story, so that way he can blame me for the shady work
and you know what, it workd

XTREMESUPRA 12-16-2006 06:14 PM

First Off The Smoke Was Comming From The Blowin Turbo Oil Sprayin All Over The Exhaust Is The Funniest Thing I Have Ever Seen I Can Even Discribe How Shitty It Done. That What U Get Sometimes I Didn't Check The Torque On The Old Engine To See How It Was But Shit Happens

burton51m 12-16-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra2NR
and the smoke coming out of the exhaust was jus horrible
so much coming out, i was scared i was gonna get pulled over for it

when my headgasket blew i drove it home cuz it wasnt that far...and that was the most smoke ive seen.
white smoke covered 3 of the 4 lane road lol
it was baddd
my friends were out somewere elese and saw the smoke. They called me and were like "someone just did a HUUUGE burnout" im like that was my car's BHG.

Supra2NR 12-16-2006 11:38 PM

Yeah ur right danny
The car is almost done
And it doesn't look like he's gonna man up

So he's jus gonna behind that piece of paper

supraman121 12-17-2006 03:26 PM

If you signed a bill of sale there isnt much you can do unless the bill of sale said something about the new headgasket, in which you might be able to press charges for somthing if you can prove it was the hg that infact was the problem.

burton51m 12-18-2006 02:30 AM

Quote:

If you signed a bill of sale there isnt much you can do unless the bill of sale said something about the new headgasket, in which you might be able to press charges for somthing if you can prove it was the hg that infact was the problem.

some of it is fuckin courtesy.

i know over the summer our family baught a used tigershark jetski from a guy we know n befrore we got 4 hrs out of it the impeller bearing went on it. this made the impeller lock up ...so we were SOL. the guy being a mechanic and all just went ahead pulled the engine, tore it apart and fixed it for us out of courtesy.

i know this is not the same thing but
i guess all ppl are different..

Supra2NR 12-18-2006 02:40 AM

Well he's a nice guy then
And he stood by his word, and went and took responsiblity of what he jus sold

Instead of hiding behind a piece of paper

I thought better of the guy that I bought the car from
That's why I gave him my trust from the start cuz he seemd like a nice guy

Ddnt think he was gonna act the way he did

But what's done is done
He can use the piece of paperto shield his wealth, but his actions cannot be hidden,and his true colors show for everyone to see

But thanx to y2k and danny for hookin up my ride, can't wait till she's done
And anybody in chicago need help jus giv em a call

XTREMESUPRA 12-18-2006 05:33 AM

Hey Pat The Car Is Done And Runnin Strong I Will Take Her For A Spin Tomarrow And Let U No How She Is But It's All Good And If Anyone Needs Any Things Just Give Me A Pm. If I Can't Help I Have People That Can So Whatever U Guys Need

Supra2NR 12-18-2006 02:52 PM

Cool, how much do I owe you

I'll try to be there later

XTREMESUPRA 12-18-2006 09:01 PM

millions and millions of dollars

Supra2NR 12-18-2006 09:05 PM

That car betta do 5 secs on a quarter miles then

Isphius 12-19-2006 02:13 PM

Well, Aside from courtessy and what not, If you test drove the car, checked it out, thought it was good, paid for it, got the title, etc, anything that happens to it after that is your fault. Either for trusting a shady dude, driving 80, etc or whatever. But goodluck with the car, at least you got it fixed. My 88t blew its HG 2 weeks after I got it, and I didnt blame it on the guy that sold it to me. He said he just recently did a HG job too. But he reused the stock bolts, so bye HG. So now I am going to do it right with a real toyota HG and ARP studs, Pretty much the same as you. I didnt go after the guy or blame it on him, I just let him know what happened and he was rather shocked. That guy that sold you yours definatley could act like less of an asshole though. Let me know how the car is. What work did you guys do exactly? BTW, I hate mustangs too.

Supra2NR 12-19-2006 05:48 PM

well heater core was closed shut,
so it was destined to blow a headgasket
head wasnt machined, so the metal head gasket ddnt seal complely

so another 7mgte went in
got me another turbo for it

it would have been finishd yesterday
if danny stopped breaking bolts in the car
ha ha ha im jus playing

XTREMESUPRA 12-21-2006 02:35 PM

whatever i can just break it completely customers are not to be in the shop they are to wait in the waitin area

Supra2NR 12-21-2006 02:55 PM

im jus playin, but i will probly pick it up this friday