Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 09-30-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
thechori
3" Exhaust

thechori is on a distinguished road
Default Error on HUD

well i've got 2 things that light up while i'm driving, first of all is an orange logo that's on the very left hand side of the hud, looks like a trashcan or something, it used to only come on when i made rough turns, but now it's always on. i've got no idea what it is

and there's another one, near very right side of the hud, it looks like light coming from the taillights or something..it's near the light that comes on when you have a door open, thats always on as well

do you guys have any ideas what these things are?
thechori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechori
well i've got 2 things that light up while i'm driving, first of all is an orange logo that's on the very left hand side of the hud, looks like a trashcan or something, it used to only come on when i made rough turns, but now it's always on. i've got no idea what it is

and there's another one, near very right side of the hud, it looks like light coming from the taillights or something..it's near the light that comes on when you have a door open, thats always on as well

do you guys have any ideas what these things are?
The one on the left is for your coolant level. If it's on all the time add coolant NOW to your overflow bottle. (sometimes in hard turns it sloshes to one side and tells the sensor it's low for a second)

The one on the right denotes one of your lights is burned out. Check your tail lights and break lights. Have somebody press the brake while YOU look. There are two (2) brake lights on each side (4 total) and if just one of the 4 is burned out everything may look almost normal but it's not and that sensor on your dash will tell you so.
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:35 AM   #3
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

This post made me lol, for real. haha. But yah spudboy pretty much covered it. But the birdcage light is also referred to as a BHG light. Search for bhg light.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
thechori
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudboy
The one on the left is for your coolant level. If it's on all the time add coolant NOW to your overflow bottle. (sometimes in hard turns it sloshes to one side and tells the sensor it's low for a second)

The one on the right denotes one of your lights is burned out. Check your tail lights and break lights. Have somebody press the brake while YOU look. There are two (2) brake lights on each side (4 total) and if just one of the 4 is burned out everything may look almost normal but it's not and that sensor on your dash will tell you so.
thanks alot, where can i get some coolant?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
noredline
Stock

noredline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
any loccalk autozone, checker, hell even walmart will have coolant....usually pretty cheap for even a large bottle.
noredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
I hope now your just messin' with us!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
And if your not messin' with us you should learn a few basics about cars and also know that usually you want to make a 50/50 mix with the coolant before you add it. (that is half water and half coolant)
Also, and I'm not kidding, dogs and cats LOVE to drink coolant but it will kill them. So if you have pets you don't want dead, don't leave any around they can get.

Check out this web site for basic info on just about anything, but start with cars.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cooling-system.htm
Old 09-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
thechori
3" Exhaust

yea sorry bout that, i don't know much, this is my first car and it's a definite project b/c there's so many problems.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
yea sorry bout that, i don't know much, this is my first car and it's a definite project b/c there's so many problems.
Did the car come with the original owners manual? If so, take 1 hour, sit in your car, and read every page. This will help tons...like tellin' ya what those warning lights are et al
(if you don't have an owners maunual I'm sure you can find oneon the web somewhere)
And now that we know your not messin' with us we'll help.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #10
jeepkaiser65
3" Exhaust

jeepkaiser65 is on a distinguished road

you can even get the prestone 50/50 mix, but like what was allready said, read some kind of man. about the car. that bhg light is a mofo.lol
jeepkaiser65 is offline   Reply With Quote