Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 08-04-2006, 04:21 AM   #11
marc
12psi boost

marc is on a distinguished road

i dk theres so much trash talk on the fords..i happen to love mustangs. my brother has one and it runs better than my supra, or any supra i personally know. american cars have bad reputations, but in reality they run hard and long and have cheap parts when anything break.

nothing but the best
-mods- so far
K&N intake fipk
3" megan downpipe
3"turbo elbow
4 washers on the wastegate
highflow cat
short shifter
89+ front bumper, pic soon to come
many more upgrades soon
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #12
sharkn
3" Exhaust

sharkn is on a distinguished road

i still trying to figure out what i want to do

its an 88 7mge targa..i bought it with the premise that i was going to build a sleeper so i didnt want the turbo decal on it paid 800 for it with a already bad but not gone tranny (the motor tranny and rearend were going to be swapped) the tranny went out 4 days after i got it.. the rebuild went out about 2 months later now this one is gone, ive replaced the mass air sensor, i have no lights in the dash when the headlights are on. cant find the short/bad fuse anywhere after months of looking i can pretty much tell how fast im going by the pipe rotf aint that some $#%t? ive put in 3 cd/mp3 players it keeps burning them up the tops leaking the lock cylenders have been violated because someone wanted my burnt up cd/mp3 players (its sad to because i leave my car unlocked..if they want my crap they are going to get it..i just dont want to pay for broken glass also)

the person that had this car did/does not know how to take care of a car, so im faced with either a complete teardown, or buying another supra in better condition.

but..when this car was running at its peak..i loved it i had an integra with massive amounts of work done that was pushing damned near 400hp..and my supra was still my baby

and my bad about snapping @ yall im just one pissed cracker
and im not really worried about stock track times
nothing i have or will own will go on a track unless its running single digits
and its eating other cars for a mid afternoon snack if your going to yell times might as well do it right

i was looking @ the 2jzgte for a swap b4 all this happened but everyone on here is talking about 1jz's. so i take it its eather too much work, or not enough space any of you familiar? it would be nice to get some good news for once in my life
sharkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #13
AZN_Pride
3" Exhaust

AZN_Pride is on a distinguished road

Im pretty sure the 2JZ will fit.A guy in my area put a 2JZ in his lexus IS300.Im not quite sure but I'll do some digging around and see what I can find out about the swap.Ill try to get back to you shortly with good news, hopefully.
90 Turbo MKIII:3"full exhaust(no Cat),MKIV IC, Apexi BoV,Apexi AVCR,550cc injectors, upgraded fuelpump, swaintech coated pistons and rod bearings, JDM folding mirrors and sidemarker lights, Lexus MAF, TRD clutch Kit,and some interior mods.
AZN_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #14
AZN_Pride
3" Exhaust

Good News!(I guess) Someone sent me these links.

http://2jza70.tripod.com/
http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/
90 Turbo MKIII:3"full exhaust(no Cat),MKIV IC, Apexi BoV,Apexi AVCR,550cc injectors, upgraded fuelpump, swaintech coated pistons and rod bearings, JDM folding mirrors and sidemarker lights, Lexus MAF, TRD clutch Kit,and some interior mods.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
sharkn
3" Exhaust

sounds like sir pyscho was in the same boat as me..

i got the car towed back to my place today, homedepo is delivering a 16x16 shed sometime next week... the way i add it up she'll be done in 2 years not figuring in for raises, extra money

thanks for the info azn you know you da man right?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #16
AZN_Pride
3" Exhaust

No problem. Good luck with the car!LOL and Thanx.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #17
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

no questions mustangs are good cars, but dont forget it was the supra that whooped the mustang thats why detroit had to formulate something to match up

those mustang by your brother? does it have more mods than you?
a turbo supra vs a v8 mustang
a nice race would decide this but, i already seen it dozens of times,
and the supra prevailed

i dusted a mustang in a race b4 too, dunt know if its the v8 tho

but amreican cars are not known for thier reliability on the long run
they start having problems, at around 100k
thats why the parts are so cheap cuz you have to get them a lot

japanese cars can run into the 150k easy and still function beautifully
the only way you can do this with an american car is if you baby the damn thing, which in turn would cost you more money

im not dissing american cars, i love imports, but the sound of a bigblock still gives me goosebumps (in a admiring way, not a scared way)

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #18
sharkn
3" Exhaust

sweet pic of your car bro..

my baby had 155k when i bought it..come to think of it its time for crap to go out anyway

and nothing beats the sound of a v8 with duel 3 inchers and a bad ass cam...sitting @ a red light sounding like 8 fat chicks are under the hood fighting over a turkey leg....an import will never have that physcological effect
Old 08-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #19
AZN_Pride
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkn
sweet pic of your car bro..

my baby had 155k when i bought it..come to think of it its time for crap to go out anyway

and nothing beats the sound of a v8 with duel 3 inchers and a bad ass cam...sitting @ a red light sounding like 8 fat chicks are under the hood fighting over a turkey leg....an import will never have that physcological effect
Hahahaha! True,true. Howevermine sounds cammed out. You wont believe howmany people have asked me if its cammed.I bought mine with 130 K on it. Things are tryin to crap out on me. Also my poor baby's face is crooked.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #20
sharkn
3" Exhaust

maaan if it isnt one thing its 12 more..

i was walking around the car planning this build. and i noticed my pipe.. its supposed to have a 2 1/2 inlet and two 3 inch outlets..well the body of the muffler was crushed and the outlets..are not outlets anymore they are basicly caps..when the towtruck put it on the ramp..or took it off he bottom'd my car out and crushed it..needless to say he's fixing my exhaust from the headers back im just going to take the money and put it towards the 2jz =]