Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 07-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
newbsupra
3" Exhaust

newbsupra is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Sad News

Well i think i might be selling my supra it has a blown head gasket as i said along time ago, and im worried that once i get that fixed.. more is going to be wrong and ill need to try and make up more money to keep fixing it.. and the value wont increase, so if i get into an accident or have to sell it later, i will be losing even more money.. i know, its hard.. and god do i love my car but i think its for the best.. but i was going to try and find another supra.. hopefully one with a targa and leather. there's one at a local auto wrecker, in almost mint condition, no rust.. i believe its a 91.. turbo, i think its an auto tho.. it has an air intake, dark blue. the front bumper is taken off the car, not sure why.. im going to look into it and check the price.. its hard to let go of my supra, but maybe ill find another one!? or maybe something like an Mr2..but one thing is forsure... ILL NEVER BUY A HONDA!!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
SupraSaver87
3" Exhaust

SupraSaver87 is on a distinguished road
Cool Best of luck

Well that is sad news to hear you might have to get rid of your car. I do however think that you should buy another one. And you would be surprised how well these things keep value, you just have to find the right sucke.....buyer.

A highly tuned MKIII still fetches a DAMN good price...and honestly you don't see all that many done up MKIII's. I want to keep mine for life, if I bust it....I'll repair it. I am a lifer when it comes to my car, I will keep her in good shape, and mend her owies when she gets them.

P.S. (This is off topic somewhat...but I want to rant) I was asked by a cop a few days ago what I plan on doing with my car, I told him that I would idealy want it to be running 560hp, although the turbo I want to put in there would need to be able to push 690hp if I turn up the boost....I just have to find the right turbo. Also I told him that I want to get the suspension done up, and all the usual upgrades. He then looked at me and asked "Hobbie?"....I just retorted "Passion".....I don't know why I tell you guys this, but I just think that if you have a passion for a certain vehicle....cost no longer matters.

Our Supra’s, which art in the driveway,
Hollowed be thy power, thy mods are great, thy speed endless,
On the road or at the track. Give us this day free of cops,
And forgive us our impound charges, as we forgive those who are slow.
And lead us not into speed traps, and deliver us from the interceptors,
For thine is our car, the power, and the glory…forever and ever….amen.
SupraSaver87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
newbsupra
3" Exhaust

im going to try and get another one.. i fell in love with them haha. its amazing all the features they have for the year. the one at the autowrecker, they want $2000 canadian for it OBO. so im going to check it out, just some front end damage.. they say its an 5spd too so im going to check it out tuesday! i really hope it doesnt have a BHG or much damage. wish me luck!

btw, i love your car
Old 07-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

So your selling your car, with no body damage, Because your affraid youll spend too much working on it and/or crash it, to buy another car that you have no idea what is broken, AND needs body work...doesnt make much sense to me. Sounds like your going to spend a lot of money no matter what
Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 PM   #5
newbsupra
3" Exhaust

the only thing is the front bumper, i can get a front bumper for $300. ive noticed some stuff on my car that was hidden, that doesnt look to great either.. my car looks good, but there's some stuff that wasnt fixed. i might import one too.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #6
suprasforlife
3" Exhaust

suprasforlife is on a distinguished road

A man who loves his car does not care about the blue book value because he'd never sell it
A man who loves his car does not care about how much money he might need to fix it, he just knows he'll get it.
A man who loves his car no matter what breaks he'll fix it.
A man who loves his car would never sell it because he'd be afraid of what the chump who bought it would do to it.

Not ragging on you just how I feel about my babies. 83 mkII and 89 mkIII.
When I'm 90 those cars will still be mine, if I live that long that is.

Good luck on finding a new one.
suprasforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #7
newbsupra
3" Exhaust

putting me on a guilt trip? lol, the only way ill sell my baby, is if i find another supra for a good price. i dont want to own any other car
Old 07-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Thats the spirit. Its never a good idea to buy another car that you dont know about because your affraid of fixing it thou. But if you have the time/skill/motivation, then what the hell, Buy all the supras you can.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:07 AM   #9
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road

Taint that hard to do the gasket repair. Only cost me the value of the car to do but I kinda went overboard with the head. Tho if you're gonna spend that much on a new car + panel repairs it's prolly worth it.

PS if you do get the auto turbo, you can still do standstills :evilsnicker: They shifts up into 2nd so you gotta lock it down in L if you want it to look good

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote