Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
ryemann32
3" Exhaust

ryemann32 is on a distinguished road
Default does anyone know

does anyone know what the device that looks like a amp thats under the passenger seat i just got my new supra it s a 90 turbo and it had a targa leak so i pulled the seat and found this thing does anyone know what it is i know its not a stereo amp(hmmmmmmmm head scratcher)
ryemann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

My guess is the works for the electric seat adjuster, but just a guess. I can fit my hands under the passenger seat because it is just a manual front to rear adjuster, but the driver side is all electric and that must be the stuff that moves the seat up/down, front/back etc...........

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #3
brad mccarty
Stock

brad mccarty is on a distinguished road

I have a 88 supra turbo, underneath my passenger seat i found a box like ur talking about it was a old mobile phone unit, needless to say i took it out it had nothing to do with the car.....
brad mccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #4
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Cool

My '89 N/A does not have any components under the passenger seat.
Also....Supras do not have power passenger seat.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
ryemann32
3" Exhaust

Default so then hmmmmm

it looks like an amp but i had my drivers seat out today and from what i see it s got nothing to do with the seat but this car is new to me and the guy that had it before me really fucked with the wiring in the dash he s got a bunch of shit added in like a electronic fuel and boost controller and air fuel gauge so it s a mess it will take abit to figure out what he s done to her since m last girl was so stock that it was easy to do all my mods but this one is alittle bit of a mind twister i finally after aweek get to drive her for the first time tommorrow since i replaced the clutch with my racing clutch before i even launch for the first time i needed to do it right
Old 02-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

^^^ I started to read your post, but had to stop 1/2 way due to eye ache from the lack of sentences.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:25 AM   #7
ryemann32
3" Exhaust

Angry

is that all u people care about in this place is grammer
Old 02-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #8
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

No, but many times it makes reading a post a lot easier. Sometimes you have to read a post like yours several times to understand what is being asked. It is not a put down or anything personal, but just trying to give the answers that help the most and not always asking for a clarification. But we all make mistakes.

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #9
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

I guess people have different views on what is acceptable and what is not.

Personally, I write posts that are easy to read and understand as a required courtesy to others; I try to be considerate to those that may read my writings.
It will only take me at most 15 seconds more to write things properly, as opposed to writing something that can't even be understood.

Let's say someone writes a post and takes what they consider to be short cuts and blunders.
Those short cuts and blunders save him 5 seconds. The 5 seconds he saved by using "short cuts" or not correcting his mistakes will cost those that read it a combined--let's say--three minutes of trying to figure out what they are saying. That is really what happens and who has to pay for him saving himself time.

Many people won't even respond to poorly writen posts.
I can understand that some have dyslexia, and I fully understand their situations.
I can also fully understand the situation of someone who is writing that lives in a non English speaking country.
Others, however, have had so much money and time invested in their education (even if only a high school education), and come out writing like third graders.
I have friends in non English speaking countries that put many of those that were born in English speaking countries to shame--doesn't that bother those that write poorly on purpose at all?

Good writing comes with practice. I am at the point where I have practiced proper writing skills enough that it is habit...just like speaking properly, I suppose.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but that is just how I see it.

Too many are writing way beyond what is acceptable that it is ridiculous.
The issue was bound to come up sooner or later.

Here is an example that may help some understand as I see it:
If we all used the same tools in a shop (this site is a sort of tool for us in a way), what would you think of those that used tools neatly and put them back in the right place; while others misuse them, don't put them back in the right place, and are disorganized.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, and I am not writing this to single anyone out.
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:53 AM   #10
TxSpeedBoy
3" Exhaust

TxSpeedBoy is on a distinguished road

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Just a thought.
TxSpeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote