Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
khriz_mk3
Stock

khriz_mk3 is on a distinguished road
Default supra problem

I've been trying to get my car running again however the mechanic I took it to screwed me over. I now need the cap to my cam position sensor . anyone know where I can get the cap for that sensor?
khriz_mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The cover and seal? I think it's still available from Toyota. Drift motion sells the OEM plastic and a a billet aluminum version.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...torytoyota.php
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...illetcover.php
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

the billet aluminium one really looks nice. but if you don't have any other shiny in your engine bay.. wasted money.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
Bru
Bone Stock w Upgrades ;-)

Bru is on a distinguished road

I have been getting OEM parts at www.toyomotorparts.com
I believe they are in Cali as well.
Just have your VIN number handy.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
hassan.m.ent@gmail.com
Stock

hassan.m.ent@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default 7Mgte crank no start

Hello

I have an 87 7mgte. I am getting crank but no start after the wire that goes to my cps went bad. After hard wiring them, clipping the harness. Still no start. So i decided to replace the cps and run all new wire to it. And yes I CONNECTED THE WIRES TO THE PROPER PLACE. I am still getting crank no start.
Started once, i let it warm up and got ready to drive, shut off and hasnt started since. only crank
Check list
Cps
wires
air
fuel
spark
starter

I dont know where to look next. Please help if you guys have any input. I am taking all suggestions.
hassan.m.ent@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
Bru

When it started did it run normally or rough? If rough, check the ignition timing with a timing light and possibly the valve timing (belt). Check engine codes and clear them by removing the EFI fuse for a minute. If same codes rerurn then the problem is real. If the CPS has been removed it has to be inserted following the manuals procedure. Make sure the air flow meter is dry (and plugged in) and never clean the part that goes inside the housing with any solvent. It can be easily ruined. Check for fuel flow by connecting fp and B+ in the diagnostic block behind the battery with the ignition in the on position.
You should hear fuel flowing that stops when the jumper is pulled.
Here is a link to the online MKIII manual. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/

Last edited by Bru; 01-15-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
hassan.m.ent@gmail.com
Stock

hassan.m.ent@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default 7mgte still having issues

Hello

I have had issues for months witb my 7mgte. All started when the wire on my cps harness side went bad. Rewired got crank no start. Replaced cps to find the fuel realy and resistor was bad. Replaced still crank no start. Air flow meter was bad also replaced. Car starts rough idle and acceleration is good till I let off the accelerator. Check plugs wires all good. Someone please help me with any suggestions. Car hasnt ran since Nov.

Thank you
hassan.m.ent@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:45 AM   #8
Bru

Assuming that the ignition timing and valve timing of are correct (double check), you might want to test the throttle position sensor. I have had several of that looked like they were working until you took them off of the throttle body and they were sticky. That means it didn't return to closed idle position even though the throttle plate did. If the throttle position sensor is removed you will need a Ohm meter and feeler gauges to set it up properly again. You can check the dash pot function at that time also using a needle nose plairs to carerully pinch the little hose. It acts as a cushion so that the throttle plate doesn't slap closed hard and wear it out (its in the manual). Another issue might be the wiring harness coming from the air flow meter. I forgot to plug it in and it would not idle but would run rough if I gave it some gas with my foot. A bad air flow meter acts the same way. The spark plug wires need to go into correct coils. Firing order from left to right is: 1,6,3,4,2,5 check that if you have moved them. Unplug the EFI fuse and wear some rubber gloves and pull one of at a time at the coil with a grounded wire close for the spark to jump to. Have some one crank and see if you have spark from every coil. There are 3 plugs on the coil pack harness. One could be loose or bad or a bad coil. Check the continuity of the coils as described in the manual if necessary. (Make sure there is low resistance between the two connectors and that there is infinite resistance between each terminal and ground.

Last edited by Bru; 03-09-2014 at 04:05 AM.