Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
joemccaleb
Stock

joemccaleb is on a distinguished road

it will idle but only at 500rpm. the exhaust manifold isnt turning red anymore thank god. no ac unit in place so code 51 can stay there
joemccaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Can't set timing with codes present.... (I think that means ANY codes). Properly deleted you will have no codes from removing the A/C.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
joemccaleb
Stock

so im open for suggestions. do i need to swap wiring harness distrubutor and injectors or what?? please someone help i need a supra
Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get rid of the code 51?

I'd forget the harness, I'm pretty sure the impedance difference is enough that if the injectors and ignition were mismatched the would either not run or the injectors would burn up. If you tried running a pre89 wireharness with no injector resistor pack it wouldn't run either as there would be a break in the circuit. Does the ECU have grey plugs or yellow?

When you say you eliminated the ISCV does that mean you deleted it or just diagnosed it and are certain it's not suspect?

I haven't been following this thread so I need to go over everything before I can offer anything else.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
joemccaleb
Stock

just diagnosed the iscv working fine. I cant even get any real mechanics to touch it!!! I so dont want to giveup on this car, its not my 88 targa top car I foolishly wrecked after 24 yrs of loyal service, but it did belong to a dear friend who commmited souicide and his parents gave me the car to get it out of their life. Im starting to think my old friend is haunting it. 4give the delay in my response I had to walk away from it for a few weeks. i have thrown nearly 1000bucks at it radiator fan etc. It must live somehow!! I have both ecu"s the 88 is yellow plugs the 89 grey. I have kept the totalled 88 for parts, not that its doing me anygood! My wife just doesnt get it she wants me to buy some gas mileage generic pos. I just want to wheel that 4wheel independant suspension down a curvy road. So any and I mean ANY Suggestions of what to try will be greatly appreciated id like to make her run again just to show these fools who dont know toyota engineering that they are wrong. DESPERATE IN TN. Thnx
Old 08-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Ok, checklist time....

Code 51 - present or fixed?
Mechanical timing set properly - yes or no?
Injectors - yellow top or green top?
ECU - yellow plugs or grey?
ECU wiring harness plugs - yellow or grey?
Injector resistor pack - present or not?
Distributor - pre89 or 89+ (the pre89 model has a pigtail, the 89+ revision has the harness connector molded into the body)?
TPS properly calibrated - yes or no?
Any other error codes present?

These parts are not interchangeable... Toyota did a decent job at making the wiring stuff easy to follow... Grey plugs on harness + grey plug ECU + green injectors... Yellow plug harness + yellow plug ECU + yellow injectors + resistor pack (only present on the pre89 harness, if you don't have a spot for it you're running a GREY plug 89+ harness or you're looking in the wrong place). I wish that they did the same thing with the GE that the did with the GTE and changed the shape of the connectors instead of just the colors but really it should be pretty obvious if you've got the wrong color combo.

Tip Jar --->

Tags
88 t0 89 swap