Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 05-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Vengeance66
Stock

Vengeance66 is on a distinguished road
Question Defcon schematic anyone?

Got a weird question. Long story short, I have a pile of Defcon hardpipes, blue couplers, t-bolts, clamps, etc. and I have no idea where most of them go (they weren't taken off by me, so I :can't: go by memory. The obvious one is the one that replaces the "3000 pipe" and where my Greddy BOV mounts. The rest is a mystery. If :anyone: has any pictures or schematics, that'd be great. Oh and it mounts to a Spearco Intercooler (which was also also removed from the car and has nothing mounted to it). There's one pipe in particular (about a little over a ft. long) with a two holes..one has a hose attached to it..i'll try and include a picture. If :anyone: can tell me what this is and what it attaches to, i'll be forever grateful. Thanks in advance and feel absolutely free to email me directly.. Vengeance66@yahoo.com and it's a '90 turbo (obviously)/targa, auto if that helps. ~Mike PS) If i'm able to, i'll attach the one and only picture I have of Defcon pipes attached to (a Spearco?) an intercooler (it's from the bottom looking up!)!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_3620.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	4570   Click image for larger version

Name:	ic_install.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	4571  

'90 Turbo/Targa, Auto, black/maroon leather. Garden variety mods (will detail later) including the "sitting in the driveway" mod.
Vengeance66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

i think most of it is a crap shoot.. you put the bends and elbows in were you need them.. I don't have replacement pipes so I cant tell you how I ran mine. But I did ask this question before when I was thinking about it. So I bet an answer is buried somewhere in the archive.. ill see what I can dig up.

you said it was taken off and now you want to put it back on? so if you had to cut any holes they would already be there..

eddit.. I lied. I found my post but it wasn't helpful in the slightest.
when you buy a universal kit they really don't come with instructions.. its more just about finding what works and putting it together. You can Google some images tho, to help give you an Idea of what other people done.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 05-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Vengeance66
Stock

Vengeance66 is on a distinguished road

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I've tried Googling info/pics of an install, etc. *and* searched what I can of the archives to finding the only picture..the B&W I attached on the previous post of the underside..which helps. All of my pics of the install, once installed, etc. are on a previous PC that crashed (i'm on a Mac now). And :yes: they were on the car previously (I originally installed them approx. 10 years ago. My Nephew took everything apart from the pipe that replaced the "3000 pipe" and up to and including the intercooler. All elbows, couplers, etc. He was trying to find a leak and now it's been almost three years and he doesn't remember how to put them back. I didn't get to help him or see him do it, I was recuperating in the Fla. Keys. I had back reconstruction (my back is now all Titanium), so i'm only *now* getting back to where I can actually work on the car. He :did: put new valve covers in it at least LOL.

I've got the obvious in, like the long pipe where the BOV goes, and I do remember the long stock pipe that goes through the fender now goes through the "snorkel" or the hole right in front of the air-filter, and of course the Intercooler itself (a Spearco and he at least left the brackets for that!). I cannot for the life of me remember where that *one* pipe with the two holes (one has a blue hose attached to it) goes. I attached a picture of it. That's the nly: pipe he left the elbows/attachments on LOL. I can't think of *any* point in the pipes where it requires a "hose" and another small hole (it's definatley factory looking)?!? I'll attach a pic of it again for kicks. Thanks again and to anyone that can help me out... ~Mike (...and I thought I had a leak :before: this)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_3620.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	4573  

'90 Turbo/Targa, Auto, black/maroon leather. Garden variety mods (will detail later) including the "sitting in the driveway" mod.
Vengeance66 is offline   Reply With Quote