Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
marcusproctor90
Stock

marcusproctor90 is on a distinguished road
Default different afm?

Is there a different afm I can use on my mkiii or a way to adjust it? I know u can adjust the 22re ones. I hade a 93 4 runner with a 22re and it had the k&n filtercharger kit I was able to adjust and I've read that the afm on the 22re motors are similar. I just ask cuz I'm throwing a code 24 and someone said that has nothing to do with the o2 sensor like I thought, but is just the air fuel mix so my next thought is the afm. So id like to change it or adjust it
marcusproctor90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Put the specifics of your vehicle in your profile signature or include it in your posts so people don't have to dig to find out what you're running.

NO, the 7M-GTE uses a VERY different type of meter. The meter used on the non-turbo 7M-GE is similar but larger. The meter from a turbo MKII MR-2 or RX-7 (FC) or 22R-e Could be used but a fuel controller would have to be added and tuned to make up for the differences as the entire fuel scale would be off. Regardless, it's not relevant to your situation.

You need either a complete AFM for a 7M-GTE, just the black electronic component which bolts in to it, or the electronic component from a Lex 1UZ (DO NOT USE THE HOUSING!!).

Many of your questions are answered here and there are links to online copies of Toyota's service and repair manuals: http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-faq/
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

dont mean to jack the thread but.so when putting the lexus afm from the sc400 onto the 7mgte you only swap the electronics? i thought you swaped the housings and electronics and combined whith bigger injectors
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
dont mean to jack the thread but.so when putting the lexus afm from the sc400 onto the 7mgte you only swap the electronics? i thought you swaped the housings and electronics and combined whith bigger injectors
Two very different things and we're not going to get into the housing swap in this thread. It should be well covered in the FAQ.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

yah i just went back and saw the afm discusion sorry for the over look, will pay more attention to the FAQ'S in the future
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
yah i just went back and saw the afm discusion sorry for the over look, will pay more attention to the FAQ'S in the future
It's ok, we just don't need to confuse someone who's running a stock system with parts swaps which could damage their engine if they get the facts mixed up.

Tip Jar --->