Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
phat_toaster
Intake

phat_toaster is on a distinguished road
Default Reliable sources for OEM parts?

Hey all, I just purchased an '87 Supra Turbo, 98K miles, 5mt, and while the exterior looks great with a relatively recent paint job, the interior needs a minor few bits and pieces, i.e. cracked/broken switches, shift knob, etc. Any suggestions for where one might find reasonably priced used replacement parts? I've seen a lot of people on here say they've been scammed when trying to purchase parts, so any suggestions of reputable sources would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
-GReddy Turbo Timer
-Tokico Illumina II Struts
phat_toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
Sonyps307
Lexus & 550's

Sonyps307 is on a distinguished road

eBay is a good place to get parts for the supra. And Toyota still carries some parts for the supra.
Sonyps307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Mizumoto auto parts (or something like that) on eBay has proven to be a reliable source for Aisin (they make a huge amount of parts for Toyota and you'll find their name actually stamped on many right by the Toyota name) and NPR (good quality OEM replacements).

Champion Toyota out of Texes is pretty easy to deal with and often offer better retail prices on "Genuine Toyota" parts than many local dealerships. www.toyotaworld.com
For aftermarket IC couplers, ICs, silicone vacuum tubing and such I really like SiliconeIntakes. www.siliconeintakes.com They're located in southern CO so they manage to get parts to me VERY quickly too!

Do note that a lot of interior components are either discontinued or VERY expensive new.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
phat_toaster
Intake

phat_toaster is on a distinguished road

So I guess I was jumping the gun a little bit there. I thought I had the car wrapped up. That's what I get for being overly excited I guess. So I had the cashier's check ready, had arrangements to meet the seller that day (they were from out of state) and I got the message that she was backing out of the deal. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed. I've got my eyes on another one though. Problem is, it's about 1000 miles away from me. Thanks all the same for the responses, and hopefully they'll be useful to me very soon. I'm guessing those sources cre gave are applicable to the 1990 Supra as well?
-GReddy Turbo Timer
-Tokico Illumina II Struts
phat_toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
TabuSoro
Stock

TabuSoro is on a distinguished road

I have a question to add on to this...
Where is the best place to go for body parts? Pick and pull? Ebay? Sorry for not creating my own thread...

I have a 1987, will all of the MKIII generation body parts bolt right on?
TabuSoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Body parts from '86.5 through '88 are interchangeable; Parts from '89 through '93 ('92 for North America) will interchange. Some parts such as doors and fenders will swap across for all years but not taillights, front bumper, front turn signals, fog lights, bumper support/crash bar. Additionally doors from a hard top MKIII will not work on a targa equipped MKIII but the doors from a targa MKIII will fit a hard top model. Exterior trim is different as well and there are three different colors: silver, blue and red for both styles.

And so on.....
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
Sonyps307
Lexus & 550's

Sonyps307 is on a distinguished road

How come hard top doors don't fit a targa? But it works the other way. I put targa doors on my hard top because of rust holes but I had to remove these metal hooks at the end of the door to make them close.
Sonyps307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Hard top doors do not have the built in supports for those 'hooks' which are part of the additional bracing needed to help reduce the chassis' wiggle when the top is out.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

the intercooler on the siliconesintake site you posted would this one fit oem specs. i mean if i bought it would it fit in factory location and are the intake and exsahust couplers the correct size for factory?

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...8d4ace62f150bc
pandrade is offline   Reply With Quote