Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Semper_Fi
3" Exhaust

Semper_Fi is on a distinguished road
Default Is it possible...to blow your head gasket upon first start?

Well... Again with the problems. Im starting to hate this car... Car never over heat before rebuild, or had any problems of a blown headgasket... But today, we go to change the oil because I had no oil psi, and the oil was creamy, and had a light surface rust on the piston walls. I tq. It down to 75, like I was told...because 58 was supossubly too low... Wtf did I do wrong? I vowed not to dump any more money into it if it doesnt leave my house in running condition atleast, but im really about to part it out . Help??? Thank you

Carlos

uh-60 blackhawk... My life
Semper_Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Many reasons this could happen: Cracked block or head, improper block or head prep, warped block or head, too rough of a block for the type of HG used... and on and on.

What type of HG did you install how were the block and head prepped? Was every inspected/measured for straightness, excessive pitting and cavitation and cracking? If the block was cut the rear timing plate MUST be cut to match WHILE BOLTED TO THE BLOCK!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Semper_Fi
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Many reasons this could happen: Cracked block or head, improper block or head prep, warped block or head, too rough of a block for the type of HG used... and on and on.

What type of HG did you install how were the block and head prepped? Was every inspected/measured for straightness, excessive pitting and cavitation and cracking? If the block was cut the rear timing plate MUST be cut to match WHILE BOLTED TO THE BLOCK!
What is the limits of pitting??? I think I found slight pitting in the head, but the machine shop clamed it was fine. Was I wrong?,

Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't answer my other questions. If it's a MHG then no, it's not "fine" by a long shot and the shop should have known better... granted some places are far worse than others but in general, if you want it to last you make sure it's as close to flawless as possible before you ever even bring it home from the shop.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Semper_Fi
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
You didn't answer my other questions. If it's a MHG then no, it's not "fine" by a long shot and the shop should have known better... granted some places are far worse than others but in general, if you want it to last you make sure it's as close to flawless as possible before you ever even bring it home from the shop.
No. im trying to get it motorwise stock. Its a felpro headgasket, I guess stock. Hope that helps... This car has been a bigger headache then my 85rx7 was.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

You have still not answered all the questions. Reread my posts and reflect.

Tip Jar --->