Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 10-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
887mge
Stock

887mge is on a distinguished road
Question fog light mod not working ?????

Hey guys i am new to supras and i am learning as i go. I bought an 1988 mk3. I did some reaserch on the fog light wiring mod but i ran into a little problem the wire that u have to cut red/black wire u cut to hook to a 12v source i dont seem to have my connection on the fog light relay has a white and green wire insted?????? So since in.the same spot i hook that up to the 12v source and tryed it but insted of my fog turning.on my high beam turn on lol??? Can anyone help me resolve this problem please ....
887mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Your posts were made in a moderated section reserved for issues with the forum itself, not cars. If in doubt, read the description for the section before posting there.

Moved to the MKIII discussion section.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

For Pre-89:
1. Find the fog light relay, cut the white/green wire (pin 3) and ground it.
2. Find the fog light switch, cut the red/black wire (pin 4) and connect it to a switched +12VDC power source. See Note

For 89+:
1. Find the fog light relay, cut the red/black wire (Pin 1) and connect it to a switched +12VDC power source. See Note
2. Find the fog light switch, cut the red/green wire (Pin 4) and ground it.

Note: For example: splice it into the black/red wire (Pin 2) on the cruise control switch (pre-89) or cruise control main relay (89+), or splice it into the red/yellow wire (Pin 2) on the fog light relay, however this will result in the fog lights functioning even if the car is off.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
887mge
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Your posts were made in a moderated section reserved for issues with the forum itself, not cars. If in doubt, read the description for the section before posting there.

Moved to the MKIII discussion section.
sorry man for posting in the wrong section .
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
887mge
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
For Pre-89:
1. Find the fog light relay, cut the white/green wire (pin 3) and ground it.
2. Find the fog light switch, cut the red/black wire (pin 4) and connect it to a switched +12VDC power source. See Note

For 89+:
1. Find the fog light relay, cut the red/black wire (Pin 1) and connect it to a switched +12VDC power source. See Note
2. Find the fog light switch, cut the red/green wire (Pin 4) and ground it.

Note: For example: splice it into the black/red wire (Pin 2) on the cruise control switch (pre-89) or cruise control main relay (89+), or splice it into the red/yellow wire (Pin 2) on the fog light relay, however this will result in the fog lights functioning even if the car is off.

the car was made in july of 1988 i am guessing that pre89, so i followed ur steps. and nothing i am still not getting any power at the fog lights there is power goin to the switch and the relay any ideas ????
Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Yeah, the '89 model year would have a build date of Oct '88 or later.

I don't own a copy of the Toyota EWD for a pre89 MKIII anymore and it's not available via Toyota's online service library so I can't offer much in the way of specifics. I've done this mod on an '88 though and it wasn't complicated at all from what I recall. What I posted is all that I have in my notes.

The objective here is simple: Locate the coil's contacts on the relay (these two will have continuity when you test the relay out of the car, non of the others will), ground one side and supply power to the other. Either the ground or the positive side may be switched. I had mine set up so that the fog lights would operate only if the parking lights were on.

A couple quick queries on Google and I've got this: http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/Foglight+Rewire/

Hope that helps.

Tip Jar --->