Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Cyto is on a distinguished road
Default What the sh*t..

Okay, well I've tried everything.. and frankly, I am giving up.

The Supra has beaten me once again. I have a new problem.. lol

Well.. here it goes- The car just doesn't wanna go. If I pat the peddle it will go, but if I press it like a normal car, it just da da da da and shakes and the turbo spools, and it makes it worse. I don't even know how to explain this problem..

Once I get it up to speed, I floor it and the turbo spools up to about 6 psi, it goes nuts. It feels like fuel cut, the car misses, and it actually slows down! >.<
If I let it idle in park, press the brake put it in Low, let off the brake and floor it. It just moves very slowly and sounds like 2 or 3 cylinders are missing. I can't explain it. I've changed the plugs a few times.. every time I pull them they are black all over. My mechanic friend said he thought it was the valves, not releasing the exhaust correctly. I think it's a vacuum leak, or something simple. It all started happening after I changed the fuel filter. I checked the lines and they were kinked at first, but it only solved it a minor little bit. Still.. It does the same thing. I've quadruple checked all the vacuum lines..

Any suggestions?

I might have to sell it to help pay for school so here's the link.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...html#post72357
Cyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
fantasma87
3" Exhaust

fantasma87 is on a distinguished road

i cant remember but the fuel filter is it one way or it can be use any way? maybe its on the wrong way. restricting fuel to the line. that same problem happend to me but it was when i whashed the engine one time, water pass through the cover of the spark plug on top of them and it was the same problem. hope you fix it and its nothing big . good luck . Q

ARMY STRONG !!

La fiebre Boricua Puerto Rico!!!
fantasma87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
Metaphysico
Stock

Metaphysico is on a distinguished road

Check for leaks in the ic system mostly the one that comes off the bottom of the turbo and the one that goes into the Ic itself. It will make for problems when you are under any load at all or under vacuum.
Metaphysico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road

Is it the original fuel pump? And how dirty was the filter? When i replaced my fuel filter, it had a fair amount of gunk in it. The next day my pump went out. There was more load on it because of the clog and when it was freed it just burnt up or something a day later. There is a chance your pump is freaking out because of your newly free flowing fuel filter. Just an idea if nothing else ever comes up, you can get a pump for not to much. I got one one ebay for like 25 or 30 dollars including shipping. Just a thought
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

check out ic piping as said, and all vacuum lines first it would be cheapest.

cant remember but i think there is filters on the injectors themselves, an idea but its easier to check them than the tank.

and if all else fails check out fuel lines and pump, there is a way to test fuel pump with the diagnostic box.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
check out ic piping as said, and all vacuum lines first it would be cheapest.

cant remember but i think there is filters on the injectors themselves, an idea but its easier to check them than the tank.

and if all else fails check out fuel lines and pump, there is a way to test fuel pump with the diagnostic box.
The diagnostic box terminals to test the fuel pump is Fp and b+ I THINK... its been a while. you do this with the key at the on position and the car off, and it essentially turns your pump on. It sounds like the pump is working well enough, however, because the car wouldnt run at all if it wasnt.
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Error codes? Have you tested the AFM and the knock sensors and their wiring?

If it's doing this off-boost as well you can just skim over the IC piping for any large holes in the system.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
kamikazemkiii
3" Exhaust

kamikazemkiii is on a distinguished road

Take pics of the plugs, and a possible video. Is the check engine light on?
kamikazemkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The check engine light is not an effective diagnostic tool... there are very few codes which will trip it and even fewer which will cause it too remain on. ALWAYS check for codes.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Cyto is on a distinguished road

Theres still a code 52, like there has been for over a year now. I fixed it a while back. The knock sensor under the manifold was disconnected. And it didn't help anything.
It looked as if the fuel filter had never been changed.. if it weren't for the AC Delco emblem I would think it never had been.

The only leak I could think of would be on the accordian hose to the inlet of the turbo, there is a small crack and it doesn't even come off of the inlet to take in any air.

I'll patch it up to see what it could be doing. This has been going on for a long time, and its pissing me off. I'm about to just give up and do a complete swap.. >.<

I might have to sell it to help pay for school so here's the link.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...html#post72357
Cyto is offline   Reply With Quote