Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
toyotaguy4x4
Stock

toyotaguy4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default turbo advice

i just got my 87 supra running and come to find out shaft in the turbo is really loose and i took it off and part of the casting has few cracks in it i am not wantin to put pile of money into it right now since i just bought the car not runnin and im not sure what kinda problems the car has so what would be more cost effective, to buy another factory turbo or do some kind of aftermarket upgarde, and on ebay i can get ct26 for around 250 but not looking to put a whole lot in the car yet but wouldnt mind doing some kinda upgrade since i got to buy a trurbo anyway

can i get yall's advice on this and if u say aftermarket what brand and model of turbo do u reccomend
toyotaguy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Jebus man, grammar.... What's with the world these days? There are no more languages... we're just a couple more conventionally accepted typos away from being back to claps and grunts.

There aren't many upgrade turbos that I would recommend running on an otherwise stock MKIII. The fueling support isn't there. The most I would recommend it a 57trim upgraded CT-26 from Driftmotion. At stock boost levels it'll give you a nice bump in power but should keep you just below fuel cut. It's also one of the only direct bolt on options; The rest would require a custom adapter or new manifold. As you don't have a good core the price will be a little higher; if the price without core isn't listed on the site call Aaron and ask him what it'll cost.

http://www.driftmotion.com/
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
toyotaguy4x4
Stock

im not on here to take a grammer or english lesson just advice im not goin to spell check a thing
Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Public forum... Generally you take what you get. (Tend to get more if people can understand you. )

Good luck with the car. I promise not to help you any further.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

Why should someone take the time to try to help you if you can't even take the time to make complete sentences? I mean a typo here and there ok, but what is up with not even making a capital "I"?
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
toyotaguy4x4
Stock

Wow I hate getting off on the wrong foot with anyone on here sorry poeple. Just tryin to get advice and grammer last thing im worried about
Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
MK3Hitman21
Stock

MK3Hitman21 is on a distinguished road

At least be a english major to even begin to toot your lips up and try to correct someones grammar, stop being an as..... I or i is still the same meaning.
MK3Hitman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Heh, I'm married to one... does that count? Wow, I never thought I'd be able to use that in conversation!

It's more a matter of someone coming to you to ask for help or advice or for you to bake a f#$%ing cake without any manners, no attempts to make sure that it's easy for you, no specific details and without respecting and understanding the fact that clear and concise language is critical in the all but T9 and FaceBook... It's also flat out more important that the people you want help from don't feel put out because you can't be bothered to lose those couple extra seconds.

I'm not asking for perfection. My grammar isn't the best; I try so it's [the site] easier for you to use, understand and so future users may actually find something using the search feature. Now quit pissing in the pool!

If you didn't catch that I'll run it through the Google English to Nglish translator:

heh im married to one does that count OMGWTFGTFO i never thought i b able 2 use dat n conversation is more matter of s/o come over u 2 ask 4 help advice n u to bake a f#$%ing cake w/o ne manners no attempts 2 make sure dat its easy 4 u nd a/o else 2 understand nd w/o respecting and understanding the fact that clear nd concise language b critical n the tech world its also flat out mo important dat the people u want help frm dont feel put out cause u cant b bothered 2 lose those 2 extra secs im not asking for perfection my grammar in't da best i try for you nd da other users of dis forum so its easier 4 u 2 use understand nd so future users find something using the search feature now say goodbye

I hope that will provide a clearer picture of what the older, vetted crowd (and some of us younger but not afraid to use our public school English lessons crowd) are getting sick to death of. If you want help but you want more to be ignored, go for it; Act like a punk with NO real language, cop attitude when asked to make your posts legible and most of the people I work with and on the various forums WILL IGNORE YOU (Well, at least most of the ones who you should be listening to will).

I'm just going to start banning people who aren't able to speak whichever language their preferences are set for. If you want to speak Spanish, fine speak Spanish... but don't insult it and Google will still do a better job than have the mangled crap we see here.

Do you hear me now?

If you want to argue about us asking for very simple and basic things in return then go ask daddy to pay someone to fix it... Hell might even be one of us who does the work, but we'll at least be getting paid and taking no lip from some punk kid. Granted, there are older folks who are just as bad but as they only come in to drop it off they speak less and don't write anything so... it's a bit smoother.

If you or anyone else thinks it is really that crazy then take a hike; You won't be happy here.

PS, I'm sure I packed in a LOT of grammatical errors in that rant... but it's a rant... who screams with proper grammar?

Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 03-04-2011 at 11:04 AM.