Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
itsjustsway
Stock

itsjustsway is on a distinguished road
Exclamation wheels nd fitment

I've read prior threads asking if a 15 inch rim will fit on a mk3 supra. I understand some do some dont. I am trying to run 15x7 with a -11 offset, will this work? I'm trying 2 poke the rim slightly but also use meaty tires. I'm trying to also drop the car flush. Close to slammed. Will this work with the set up? And what size tire will be best if the wheel will fit?
itsjustsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You really just need to try them on the car... that size is too close for anyone to just say yes or no. I've known a couple people who've had no problem, a couple who could get their rims on the rear but not the front and one guy who thought he was good until he trashed his front calipers after putting on new brake pads... didn't account for the 3mm of missing pad material when he initially put the wheels on.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
itsjustsway
Stock

itsjustsway is on a distinguished road
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
You really just need to try them on the car... that size is too close for anyone to just say yes or no. I've known a couple people who've had no problem, a couple who could get their rims on the rear but not the front and one guy who thought he was good until he trashed his front calipers after putting on new brake pads... didn't account for the 3mm of missing pad material when he initially put the wheels on.
Ok I think im going to get them. Thanx for the help
itsjustsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Unless they're something you may return or something you may test fit first, I would advise against it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

I don't know much about the fitment for the supra but the 15"s I run on my 00 celica for the winter just clear the calipers and I know the supra has bigger brakes that the celica.
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Didn't the Celica base model come with 15" wheels though? As I said, on the MKIII it's hit and miss... I'd guess that more models won't fit and than there are 15's that will.

Tip Jar --->