Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

supraheelfan is on a distinguished road
Default Brake Light Nightmare

The lamp failure box has already been bypassed by the previous owner. All the lights work on the car except the stop lights. The taillights, turn signals, hazards, reverse lights, and the license plate lights also work. What to do?? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I might also need a copy of the wiring diagram, because every single one I get doesn't seem to help.
supraheelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Posted in the wrong forum... moved to the MKIII forum... I assume this is a MKIII.

Double check the previous owners work and test the brake switch. The brakes are on their own circuit and it is a VERY simple circuit.

Here's Toyota's wiring diagram:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...x?S=Main&P=074
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

Thanks for the diagram it really helped. Yea sorry for posting in the wrong spot, kinda new so... I have more questions also.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

Default Eibach Lowering Springs:

Well I am thinking about just buying some Eibachs, but I do not know how hard it is to put these bad boys on. Do I need to just take them to a shop? Or is it something I could do on my own?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Without any idea as to your mechanical aptitude I couldn't tell you. A good set of spring compressors, the ability to find all the hidden screws to remove the trim in the trunk and the ability to turn a wrench and put things back how they were before is about all you need. Being careful with separating the springs from the dampers is the only part where you need to exercise care.... the stockers have more preload than the Eibach's so taking them off you need to use a spring compressor to compress them before taking off the hat.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
Bill UK
AEM EMS

Bill UK is on a distinguished road

Just to add to what cre as said, you will need a set of spring compressors (as in pic below), mine where a set of cheap ones, the threads are just starting to strip. Having said that, I’ve used them on other vehicles more than a dozed times. Not a difficult job to do, the rear ones are the easiest. It’s only a question of removing the shocks. The front ones you will need to undo the top wishbone bolt, the wishbone will then be clear to gain accesses to removing the shock. You may find you will need a scaffold pipe on the end of your wrench to undo the wishbone bolt (mine where very tight) The only other restriction was the screen wash bottle (on the passenger side for LHD Supras) the bolt will just squeezes past it if your lucky.

Edit, Just one more thing: Always torque up the shock bolts with the vehicle on the ground (not jacked up)
The bottom rubber bush could distort otherwise.

Last edited by Bill UK; 02-20-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Bill UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

Thanks for the info. If I find a set of spring compressors, my dad and me will try our hand at changing them out. Right now we our looking thru my 20+ year old Haynes manual for the removal and installation of my passenger side window motor and the regulator. Do any of you guys know how to remove either of those, the info will GREATLY be appreciated at this point.Thanks.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Bill UK
AEM EMS

Try this Link click top right for next page.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Haynes is terrible. Use the online Toyota Service and Repair Manual which Bill just linked to; Or, better yet go buy a physical copy.

Of everything I've done on the MKIII, replacing the window regulator and motor and then realigning and adjusting the windows was probably the most irritating.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
Bill UK
AEM EMS

Or download the .pdf from this site Link