Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 11-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
t12tninja
Intake

t12tninja is on a distinguished road
Angry please help wont start

my supra wont start i had the same issue and it was the ground wire in the steering colum which i dont know where it is to check but it is making me mad it was running and now it wont start please help
t12tninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

There is a ground wire that runs to one of the four main bolts which mount the column. The ground is on the RH front bolt if I recall correctly. There are two bolts on each side and they're about 14mm with washers on them... look for the biggest screws by the column under the dash.

The problem being a poor connection at the same ground more than once is unlikely unless there is already a significant voltage drop elsewhere.

Use some punctuation, it makes it easier for people to help if they can easily read what you're trying to communicate.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
t12tninja
Intake

well i had this problem before, so i just called firestone and tell them about the problem. They had a tow truck come and pick it up and the will look at it and replace teh wheel bearing (it is messed up, really loud knocking noise)
Old 11-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

How'd they tow it? You ALWAYS want the MKIII on a flat bed.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 11-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #5
t12tninja
Intake

it was not a flat bed.If you dont mind me asking, why a flat bed?
Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

There are a lot of reasons (Google it). The short and sweet of it is you do NOT want the drive wheels of ANY towed vehicle on the ground. If you can't get a flat bed make sure they put the rear on a dolly. Remember, with an independent suspension you're pulling the car at an extreme angle that the suspension was not designed for and may put a lot of awkward stress on the bearings. There's also the stress the frame takes as it twists more than it was designed for. I was informed of this by a tow truck driver I used to know (old high school buddy) and I think Toyota's owners manuals all state it too.

YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT TOW AN AUTOMATIC OR AWD VEHICLE ON ANYTHING BUT A FLAT BED OR DOLLY.... or you can remove the drive shaft while the driver waits.

Tip Jar --->
Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #7
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
There are a lot of reasons (Google it). The short and sweet of it is you do NOT want the drive wheels of ANY towed vehicle on the ground. If you can't get a flat bed make sure they put the rear on a dolly. Remember, with an independent suspension you're pulling the car at an extreme angle that the suspension was not designed for and may put a lot of awkward stress on the bearings. There's also the stress the frame takes as it twists more than it was designed for. I was informed of this by a tow truck driver I used to know (old high school buddy) and I think Toyota's owners manuals all state it too.

YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT TOW AN AUTOMATIC OR AWD VEHICLE ON ANYTHING BUT A FLAT BED OR DOLLY.... or you can remove the drive shaft while the driver waits.
Yes... flatbed or dolly.. NEVER wheels. Very good reminder
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote