Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road
Default MKIII body work help

I need to source a diagram with the internal dimensions of the engine bay and the front impact bar mounting area

my car got a booboo and the body shop said they would be able to do better work if i could source the exact dimension specs

thanks all help is appreciated

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
Custom Blue Parking lights with White silverstar head lights
JDM Ebay Catback Exhaust.
K&N air filter.
(Totaled Due To An Idiot)

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

One of my friends has the Body Shop book that gives all of the dimensions (and I mean ALL of them), I'll c if I can borrow it from him tomorrow
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
One of my friends has the Body Shop book that gives all of the dimensions (and I mean ALL of them), I'll c if I can borrow it from him tomorrow
if you could it would make my life so much eaiser you have no idea what i went through trying to get one from the toyota dealer near me they were like wtf is that, what kind of insurance do you have? i was like wtf are you talking about im asking for a piece of paper with deminsions on it for the body of my car?!!?!?!?!!

its a 1990 supra turbo with r154 manual not sure if theres any body differences with the auto so i specified anyway lol

thanks alot

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
K&N air filter.

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
Old 10-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Hey bradenman1, check out this link. I decided to sticky a new thread in the FAQ with the 4 diagrams from the body shop manual.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

+1

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #6
painknight
Stock

painknight is on a distinguished road
Default I hate titles.

Due to my lack of knowledge about the supra, this may be all completely wrong. Correct me if you know I'm wrong so I can learn.

This gets me wondering. If by booboo you mean you totalled the front end of the vehicle, then I can understand why they would need this data. But, if that is the case, a shop capable of make structural repairs should already have this data at the shop or be able to access it without having to make the owner find out for them.

I believe that the front impact bar is bolted to the front of the frame, so I don't see why they would need specs just for that.

If the case really is that you totalled it, I suggest finding a shop with a Car-o-liner or Chief Frame Machine (google to see pictures of em) to get the work done, it will be accurate and they'll be able to straighten the entire frame. If you don't have any of these shops around or due to a lack of money, disregard that.

Sorry the banner sucks I made it with paint.

Last edited by painknight; 10-08-2010 at 02:12 AM.
painknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 AM   #7
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
Hey bradenman1, check out this link. I decided to sticky a new thread in the FAQ with the 4 diagrams from the body shop manual.
you are a god thank you soo much!!! you have no idea how hard it was trying to get this from the dealership

deffinatly +109390982138029804 and stickey for sure im sure im not the only one that will need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by painknight View Post
Due to my lack of knowledge about the supra, this may be all completely wrong. Correct me if you know I'm wrong so I can learn.

This gets me wondering. If by booboo you mean you totalled the front end of the vehicle, then I can understand why they would need this data. But, if that is the case, a shop capable of make structural repairs should already have this data at the shop or be able to access it without having to make the owner find out for them.

I believe that the front impact bar is bolted to the front of the frame, so I don't see why they would need specs just for that.

If the case really is that you totalled it, I suggest finding a shop with a Car-o-liner or Chief Frame Machine (google to see pictures of em) to get the work done, it will be accurate and they'll be able to straighten the entire frame. If you don't have any of these shops around or due to a lack of money, disregard that.
its not totaled i had the front bumper off and all the front plastics off (was about to have a FMIC, BOV, and piping put in) and it was wet out side, lets say when i push the gas some times it would go like it should others it wouldnt i was trying to u turn under the freeway before i got cought by the coming cars pushed the gas it didnt go so i gave it mopre gas and it riped loose and spun out like a drift scene from a movie or something i let off the gass and recorrected but the car kept going and it went up over the curb and bumped the wall it wasnt all that bad just bent the impact bar up pretty good the headlight cought the end of it when it lifted and it moved the headlight mounting area back just a tad under the hood (i think it just bent the headlight mounting bracket) ill take some pictures if anyones interested

i have the head light off and the impact bar off it wasnt jamed on or anything

so partial my stupidity and my car needing suspension and some other issues sorted out caused my baby to get injured mainly my stupidity i could have just waited for the traffic

and as for the body shop they said they useually go off the other side of the car to recorrect things but he said if i want it as close to perfect as possable i should get these diagrams that i now have!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

K&N air filter.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #8
painknight
Stock

painknight is on a distinguished road
Default So its still rather good lol.

I just graduated from Wyotech (Its a tech school, went in for Coll/ref and street rod, which is supposed to be a customs class but its alot of welding. Side note, I can weld like a mofo.)

Sounds like just a bit of realignment then, to me. So they're going to make sure your front end is kosher, sounds like to me. Pretty good place then lol some shops would fix the small prob and leave the rest to you.

Sorry the banner sucks I made it with paint.
painknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by painknight View Post
I just graduated from Wyotech (Its a tech school, went in for Coll/ref and street rod, which is supposed to be a customs class but its alot of welding. Side note, I can weld like a mofo.)

Sounds like just a bit of realignment then, to me. So they're going to make sure your front end is kosher, sounds like to me. Pretty good place then lol some shops would fix the small prob and leave the rest to you.
yeah i was refered to the place by my old auto tech teacher he used to send all the street rods and classic cars they restored to them for perfect to as close to perfect as possible work. they do verry tedious work i saw alot of pictures on the cars they worked on i wanted to have sex with all of them hahaha

K&N air filter.