Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 07-31-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road
Question Any one used MAF Translator Pro???

I have been lookin into this system and it looks pretty nice kinda all in one boost controller air/fuel monitor with adjustable map. it eliminates the big afm with a much smaller pass threw type.. anyone tried one???
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it also allows you to run without an AFM altogether depending on how you set it up. As far as upgrades go it stands firmly between all other piggybacks and full fledged standalone EMS's. It offers ignition/spark control, fuel control, AFM/MAF translation (run whatever AFM you want on your car), boost control and it can be integrated with an aftermarket wideband (this is useful for a couple thing including mobile tuning and allowing the MAFT Pro to control closed loop AFR instead of the stock ECU.

PS; You can only use boost control if you are running speed/density (AFM deletion setup).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:07 AM   #3
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Fantastic info man thank you. Where can i get a speed density sensor. I'm pretty sure this is the route I'm gonna go since its all in one on my last mkii with 7mgte I ran all separate components and it got pretty confusing.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:07 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Speed/Density is where airflow is CALCULATED (not an actual measurement) from the input from an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor and a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. The most commonly used with the MAFT Pro is the GM IAM and GM 3 bar MAP sensor. There are premade wire harnesses for those sensors available which makes a *tiny* portion of the job easier... Be forewarned, S/D is NOT... NOT!!!... easy to setup. Every engine is different so you can't just copy someone else's settings and you have to tune for many things you wouldn't have to if you were actually just translating to a different type of meter. This is not for the squeamish. If you go to www.MAFTPro.com and clik on the "Buy Now" button for the Pro it'll take you to the Full Throttle Motorsports website. You'll find the sensors and harness available there... investing in a wideband when running S/D is an absolute must in my book; too much stuff that's going to need a LOT of tweaking and you'll be amazed how many shops can't tune these things and especially not in one session on a dyno.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 08-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

that is great to know. what would you reccomend to run as a piggy back that is easier to tune. or an affordable ecm (if there is such a thing) its gonna be a street car around 15psi 550 injectors and i still have to have it pass emission. on my last mkii i did the lexus afm with an apexi neo to tune it and plx af gauge it ran great but was hoping for something more all in one unit. i still have a plx with wideband 02 laying around. and i cant stand needing to re direct BOV back into intake thats the main thing i want to change..
Old 08-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

There is no other piggyback which offer even remotely similar versatility. The Neo is what I'd recommend for someone wanting to keep it simpler... but, as we both know, there is a HUGE difference in the functionality/flexibility offered by the two.

As for going with a standalone I'd probably start with the AEM EMS, but it's going to cost you significant amount more.... more than double.

Tip Jar --->