Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
chopsticks
Intake

chopsticks is on a distinguished road
Default clutch help please

Alright so I put in a new motor last week in my car and it runs good. but im having a problem.

When the car is off i can push in the clutch and go through the gears with no problem. But when i start the car and try i cant get it to go in any of the gears.

iv tried bleeding the clutch, checking the master and slave both for any leaks . the fork is in the right place also, And Im still having this problem

I don't really know what eles to do. the clutch was replaced maybe 300 or so miles before the motor was replaced so its still in good shape.
Has anyone had this problem or know what i could check for or do to fix it?
any help would be appreciated!!!

thanks michael
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Busted Knuckles
12psi boost

Busted Knuckles is on a distinguished road

Does the clutch fork move when someone presses the pedal? Does it release fully when the pedal is put to the floor?

I'm thinking a clutch master cylinder that has a torn pressure cup in it. It will not leak, but will not build pressure for the slave cylinder, either.
Busted Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with busted, the master could also be bleeding back into the reservoir when the pedal is pressed... not common AFAIK, but I've seen it.

It's that or the fork is not really in the right place or the clutch pad is in backward.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
chopsticks
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
I'm with busted, the master could also be bleeding back into the reservoir when the pedal is pressed... not common AFAIK, but I've seen it.

It's that or the fork is not really in the right place or the clutch pad is in backward.

yea the fork moves a little bit. not alot tho. and cre when you say clutch pad your talking about the disk right?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:28 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the disc.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
chopsticks
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Yes, the disc.
o okay... im sure it is right. i hope
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
Busted Knuckles
12psi boost

Busted Knuckles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsticks View Post
yea the fork moves a little bit. not alot tho.
Classic problem with the hydraulic clutch release system. The fork needs to move several inches to release the clutch. If this is not happening, and you have no leaks at the slave cylinder, the master is not doing it's job.
Busted Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
chopsticks
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
Classic problem with the hydraulic clutch release system. The fork needs to move several inches to release the clutch. If this is not happening, and you have no leaks at the slave cylinder, the master is not doing it's job.
alright thank you. ill check it out tomorrow . thanks for your guys help!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
chopsticks
Intake