Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

supra_rulz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation usa vs. jdm parts

is it possible to buy a exahust and coilover from japan and put it on a state side supra? i asked the seller and he said the suspension should be ok but he's not sure about the exahust. does anyone have any input? thanks

Last edited by supra_rulz; 07-24-2010 at 10:08 AM.
supra_rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is any difference, the exhaust follows the same path on both vehicles.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
I don't think there is any difference, the exhaust follows the same path on both vehicles.
ok, you dont think that the length or anything would be different? the guy told me that because japan has a stricter emission standard that the catalytic conver might be a different size or something like that...i just want to make sure before i spend the money and find out it doesnt fit
Old 07-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

USDM or JDM , they still both are made and come from Japan so I don't think toyota would make a big difference in the car like that. And why not just get an exhaust made up or buy one in the usa. If you get one made up you can put whatever muffler you wish on it.

Last edited by 907mge; 07-24-2010 at 10:21 PM.
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907mge View Post
USDM or JDM , they still both are made and come from Japan so I don't think toyota would make a big difference in the car like that. And why not just get an exhaust made up or buy one in the usa. If you get one made up you can put whatever muffler you wish on it.
yeah, thats what i thought and didnt even think about it till the guy selling it told me his concern.
and yeah, i could buy one here, but i kinda want something no one else has...or at least it'd be a rare thing if someone did have the same thing. and yeah i could have one made i guess, but i dont know anywhere that would do that around where i live in the states
Old 07-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_rulz View Post
the guy told me that because japan has a stricter emission standard
??? Ummm.... no. We had the stricter standards then and I believe our still are more so.... besides, California has ridiculous emissions requirements and Toyota has always gone out of their way to make sure that as much as possible was still interchangeable.

At any rate, there are plenty of people running rare JDM cat-back exhausts who had few enough problems that you don't hear them bitching about installing it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
??? Ummm.... no. We had the stricter standards then and I believe our still are more so.... besides, California has ridiculous emissions requirements and Toyota has always gone out of their way to make sure that as much as possible was still interchangeable.

At any rate, there are plenty of people running rare JDM cat-back exhausts who had few enough problems that you don't hear them bitching about installing it.
oohhh......lol, i donno. i thought japan was worse when it came to that stuff.
but either way, hopefully you guys are right and im going to get this stuff and hope that it fits. lol