Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

It's not complicated at all, I didn't mean to give that impression... you just want to be sure that the vacuum signal has enough volume to open at least one of the valves with as little delay as possible. It's like launching a pee from a single straw versus trying to blow 4 the same distance from 4 straws in your mouth at the same time.... all four probably won't make it past your feet and you're going to have to blow a lot harder.... so, to avoid that trouble you either want one of the valves to open with a much lighter vacuum signal or you'll want to supply each with it's own line from the intake plenum. Not a very big deal.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

supra_rulz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
It's not complicated at all, I didn't mean to give that impression... you just want to be sure that the vacuum signal has enough volume to open at least one of the valves with as little delay as possible. It's like launching a pee from a single straw versus trying to blow 4 the same distance from 4 straws in your mouth at the same time.... all four probably won't make it past your feet and you're going to have to blow a lot harder.... so, to avoid that trouble you either want one of the valves to open with a much lighter vacuum signal or you'll want to supply each with it's own line from the intake plenum. Not a very big deal.
ohhhhhhhhh.......I see. is it pretty obvious on how to adjust the spring? or is it hidden somewhere deep within that monster of an engine. lol
supra_rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #13
professorbob
Intake

professorbob is on a distinguished road
Default Please use full word terminology!

Please do not take exception to this request, because it is not specific to just your questions and answers, and is not directed at you.... BUT!
Forum all over the internet would be so much more informative in general if the participants would use full word terminology rather that anachronisms or abbreviations. I realize that cryptic writing has become the internet standard, but it sure limits the sharing of knowledge.
TYVM
Thanks You Very Much!

Prof.
Professor Bob
Reclaiming 1987 M7-GTE Tubo and A340E transmission.
professorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #14
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorbob View Post
Please do not take exception to this request, because it is not specific to just your questions and answers, and is not directed at you.... BUT!
Forum all over the internet would be so much more informative in general if the participants would use full word terminology rather that anachronisms or abbreviations. I realize that cryptic writing has become the internet standard, but it sure limits the sharing of knowledge.
TYVM
Thanks You Very Much!

Prof.
Professor Bob
Reclaiming 1987 M7-GTE Tubo and A340E transmission.
...i'm not trying to be mean rude or crude, but this fourm in particular hasnt used hard abbreviations and in particular this is a research-type topic. meaning i'm seeking information, and people are trying to help me. so if your not willing to go google a few terms that you dont know or look at the fourm that explains common abbreviations i think your in the wrong place.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that's enough of that, There's a thread about this in the off-topic section. If anyone feels the need to discuss it further, please do so there.... and please keep it civil.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

hey cre, now back on topic..
i just read on another page that having two pressure release systems is actually a good thing because you can adjust the spring on the stock to handle small pressure and the (lets just say HKS because thats what i'm getting) hks one tighter for the heavier boost levels. is this true? or only for cars that boost ALOT? and i also read that you shouldnt mess with the spring rate of an HKS.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #17
joshtexican
3" Exhaust

joshtexican is on a distinguished road

Hey bro if you do this install of an aftermarket bov with the (whooosh) sound haha, can you post a pic or two on how it turned out??
joshtexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #18
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtexican View Post
Hey bro if you do this install of an aftermarket bov with the (whooosh) sound haha, can you post a pic or two on how it turned out??
yeah, i ordered it already so just waiting for it to come in. (off-topic: they charged my credit card but havent sent me an invoice -___-) but i will post up pics
Old 06-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #19
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_rulz View Post
hey cre, now back on topic..
i just read on another page that having two pressure release systems is actually a good thing because you can adjust the spring on the stock to handle small pressure and the (lets just say HKS because thats what i'm getting) hks one tighter for the heavier boost levels. is this true? or only for cars that boost ALOT? and i also read that you shouldnt mess with the spring rate of an HKS.
That's what I was talking about. It's not needed for low boost levels... you really don't need to worry about the stock BOV not flowing enough air if you're still running a stock BOV. The only people who I know that run that way that aren't pushing a lot of boost do it for stealth purposes.

I must say, the stock BPV on my MR2 is LOUD... so's the Bosch that's on my former Supra... they've both got much larger apertures.

Tip Jar --->
Old 06-20-2010, 06:04 AM   #20
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

ohhhhhhhh. ok. lol now i get it

and my stock one is kind of weird. sometimes it gives the whosh loud and how i like it. but most of the time its almost non-exsistent. the sound of the engine overpowers it