Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
kadinz
3" Exhaust

kadinz is on a distinguished road
Default high idle problem

i have found this out, something is holding the throttle up most of the time causing this high idle, i have checked all the springs and they all look good, except i havent checked the springs on the actual throttle. its not that stupid screw, any suggestions? i saw one of the cables goes to this box on the driver side...wish i knew what that was..

its not 100% consistant but about 90% of the time it idles at about 1200-1300 in drive and will go to(not always)2800 in park, most of the time 2000-2500 in park/neutral.

thanks for your help.
kadinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadinz View Post
i saw one of the cables goes to this box on the driver side...wish i knew what that was..
Cruise control.

Sounds like the former owner couldn't get a good idle and started screwing with things. Make sure the idle adjustment screw on the top of the throttle body is closed all the way. Make sure the dash pot's plunger is depressing all the way. Make sure the cables both have a little slack and make sure the linkage isn't threaded all the way tight.

The TSRM does cover all of this, IIRC.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
kadinz
3" Exhaust

emkay, thank you! good to know thats the cruise control, my CC works very well.

theres this hose coming from the TB with some cylinder thing attached at the end of it, its a vacuum and its not connected to anything, do you guys know what it should be connected to?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadinz View Post
theres this hose coming from the TB with some cylinder thing attached at the end of it, its a vacuum and its not connected to anything, do you guys know what it should be connected to?
It's the restrictor for the dashpot. There should be a breather on one side, the other goes to a hose which connects to a metal canister on the TB.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
kadinz
3" Exhaust

im taking a picture of the TB in a min, im gonna post up what i think connects to what as of right now. i believe im missing something, there is still a leak and idk what it connects to..ill take a pic of that too.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
kadinz
3" Exhaust

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1273090104
vacuum leak like..under the intake

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1273090122

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1273090133
Old 05-06-2010, 04:16 AM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

[The first two are pictures of the actuator diaphragm for the ACIS system. It connects to a vacuum canister located further down just forward of the starter.

Wrong, as I said, the canister stays open to atmosphere... the rubber pert you have the hose stuffed into that's connected to the plastic canister is SUPPOSED to be a breather... nothing in it but some cotton filter medium.

Tip Jar --->
Old 05-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Try this:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=1708&P=2

Tip Jar --->
Old 05-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
kadinz
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
thank you very much i will get to fixin all this after work.