Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 05-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
vbryanv
3" Exhaust

vbryanv is on a distinguished road
Default 7gmte throttle body swap

this is my first post on this site. new to the supra thing. loving it so far.... i just bought a 1990 supra and had to replace tps, valve covers, plugs wires and just upgraded the maf to the maf from lexus. i'm not sure of the direction i want to go with this engine yet. i will decided this winter, so anything i do now i would like to be able to use incase i do a 2j swap. any sugestions (injectors,bov,boost controller,ect). now back to my main question can i put the throttle body from the q45 on my 7tgme and if so do i just need the throttle body (just bolt on) and what year q45.

Last edited by vbryanv; 05-05-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: misspelling
vbryanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

In your solicitation for suggestions you list injectors??? You didn't install the Laxus AFM without installing larger injectors did you!?! 25% more air REQUIRES 25% more fuel.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
vbryanv
3" Exhaust

i have not gotten new injectors yet. goona try and get some within the next couple days. what size injectors should i get? and what about the throttle body? from anything i find online it wont fit the 7gtme engine?
i would like to go big on the injector so the i dont need bigger ones next summer.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You want 550's with the Lex AFM... any smaller or bigger and you need a fuel controller and to get the fuel properly tuned.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 AM   #5
vbryanv
3" Exhaust

still confused. can i mount the q45 throttle on my 7mgte?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:02 AM   #6
supraflymkiii
3" Exhaust

supraflymkiii is on a distinguished road

The 7ms stock throttle body flows enough air the way it is I don't understand why you want to put a q45 t.b. on. Do some research before you start asking questions like this. If you would've researched you would have realized you can't just do the LEX AFM without installing larger injectors as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you're running lean right now because you're gettin more air than normal and not getting the extra fuel to compensate for it. Run like that to long you'll screw up your engine.

Last edited by cre; 05-06-2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: typo
supraflymkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
vbryanv
3" Exhaust

just ordered injector thanx. thanks for the response. from what i was reading online i saw a few people w/ 1j's w/ q45 throttle bodys because they are larger. just a brain storm but i thought larger was better. i guess the q45 throttle and the 7g throttle are the same size. my only question was would it fit, and u still didnt answer that question. i would love it if anyone else can answer this question or is the last respondent absolute right?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

The Q45 TB came in a couple different sizes (three, IIRC). It's a popular TB to use on CUSTOM intake plenums and no, it's not a direct fit for the stock intake plenum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 05-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #9
vbryanv
3" Exhaust

thanks for the help. had another question? i install the lex maf due to the fact that my stock maf went bad. i had bad acceleration till i got past 2500 rpms. now that problem is cured but i have another issue. my idle will not go below 1000 rpms unless im in gear and when i come to a complete stop or take the car out of gear the rpms fluctuates between 1000rpms and 1700rpms and the gas pedal is very sensitive. i'll have no pedal for 1/4 inch of travel and the all of a sudden bang. i took a look at the throttle and none of the adjustment screws come in contact with anything. even when they are maxed out. i did not have this issue before the maf going bad. any sugestions??

Last edited by vbryanv; 05-07-2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: need help
Old 05-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #10
supraflymkiii
3" Exhaust

supraflymkiii is on a distinguished road

Well for one the only difference in the lex afm and stock afm are the size, the electronics are the same so take the electronics and put them in your stock housing and run it like that until you get the supporting mods for the lex afm. such as the 550cc injectors, afpr, and walbro fuel pump or 2jz gte fuel pump.

As for you idle problem and rpm fluctuation check your codes sounds like your tps may be out of adjustment. your gas pedal can be adjusted by the throttle cables on top of the cam covers.
supraflymkiii is offline   Reply With Quote