Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
jdmsoup
3" Exhaust

jdmsoup is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb could somebody help me find some stuff?

Ok so im a new user and i have an mk3 turbo. and i need some help with some stuff. first of all im in the middle of fixing the infamous 7m head gasket problem and im going ahead and making my car nice again after the last owner messed it up pretty badly and let it sit for a few months. so im wondering if you could help me out with a thread that shows what all i need to delete the a/c system and the carbon canister. i have alot of it deleted but i just need to make sure i get it all. and i also need to know if anybody knows where i can find the 7m-gte stiicker that goes on the timing belt cover as im trying to make everythign nice again any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
jdmsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
86.5 7MGE
3" Exhaust

86.5 7MGE is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsoup View Post
Ok so im a new user and i have an mk3 turbo. and i need some help with some stuff. first of all im in the middle of fixing the infamous 7m head gasket problem and im going ahead and making my car nice again after the last owner messed it up pretty badly and let it sit for a few months. so im wondering if you could help me out with a thread that shows what all i need to delete the a/c system and the carbon canister. i have alot of it deleted but i just need to make sure i get it all. and i also need to know if anybody knows where i can find the 7m-gte stiicker that goes on the timing belt cover as im trying to make everythign nice again any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
You can also delete the EGR that's used in the emissions system; you'll have to put a block off plate over it they sell them on numerous websites for the supra MKIII.
NGK Wires and Plugs
Hi Flow CAT
MR Muffler
Super Coil
Techna Fit Brake lines
Clear Corner Turn Signal Lens
Projector Head Lights
Evo Fog Lights
Evo Body Kit
Soon ---> 3'' Exhaust
86.5 7MGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
jdmsoup
3" Exhaust

yeah my egr is already deleted and i have the block off plates already on it. i just need to know the other stuff so i know i get everything.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

I wanted to delete my egr too but according to cre it is quite a stupid idea. So you should read up before you start hacking out things. Some time the benefits do not out weigh the disadvantages.
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The sticker WAS available from the dealer... I'm not sure if it's still available or if it's been discontinued though.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
jdmsoup
3" Exhaust

alright man thanks. ill check that out on monday. they guy parked the supra to get his foxbody mustang back on the road. it was pretty sad. but atleast he did do some mods to it before he put it down and they were all good mods too. its got the jdm 7m-gte with ct-26 set at 12 psi with a manual boost controller, trd stage 1 clutch, front mount and hks bov. but im going to make it all look good again and go for some style with a good bit of power im already pushing about 300 to the wheels and im about to throw a greddy front mount, apexi twin chamber bov and full 3' inch exhaust with 3' downpipe on it and some coilovers on it with some wide deep dish rims and re do the interior and paint so its going to be back and looking good and running good like a supra is suposed to.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
jdmsoup
3" Exhaust

well my egr was already deleted when i got the car so yea. and i have no emissions or anything so im taking out anythign i dont need and ive read up on everything about what im going to delete and the a/c pump was already taken off my car so i jsut finished taking the lines and things out.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You should find and install a JDM ECU then.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 05-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #9
jdmsoup
3" Exhaust

other than like the normal stuff a jdm ecu changes like speed limiter and all of that stuff what benefits would it give me if i got one?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

It's tuned for the additional heat the engine sees without the EGR present.

I really don't understand why people remove it to begin with... There's no power gain and it's not like the system takes up any room. Cooler combustion temps and better mid load mileage is a win in my book.

Tip Jar --->