Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
joshtexican
3" Exhaust

joshtexican is on a distinguished road

Ok, gotcha man. So the GE intake will fit my GTE head. Cool deal I really appreciate the info. I will try to keep posted on this preoject.

Thanks again
joshtexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

there are a number of supporting components you will need to swap over, no short cuts, or you will lose even more power
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, replying from my phone sucks!

Pretty much plan on replacing ANYTHING that looks different or it on the GE but not on the GTE.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 04-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
BDRT103
Stock

BDRT103 is on a distinguished road

ok thanks and why when i pull my spark plug wires do i see a small amount of coolant? And what should i do for the oil return and oil feed lines to the turbo? and can a just splice into the coolant lines also? and i also dont need my maf anymore correct?
BDRT103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRT103 View Post
ok thanks and why when i pull my spark plug wires do i see a small amount of coolant?
There are coolant plugs under the spark plug galley cover. The four giant hex bolts are plugs to oil passages, you need to remove those to get to the coolant ones below the cover.

Quote:
And what should i do for the oil return and oil feed lines to the turbo?
Oil feed is easy, there's a plugged 1/8 BSP oil pressure port between the oil pressure sender and the thermostat neck... actually, it's right behind the thermostat neck.

The return is troublesome. You need it as high as possible, but there is NO drilled port for it. The two possibilities are having a machine shop drill the boss (as it is on the GTE... MUCH preferred!) or drilling the oil pan as high as possible and welding in a bung... this MUST face a main, not a rod or weight and it MUST enter angling downward (it is a gravity drain).

Quote:
and can a just splice into the coolant lines also?
Coolant's easy, there's a bypass which is employed to relieve suction on the thermostat that's on the thermostat neck. You'll notice it by the huge banjo bolt on the right side of the thermostat neck and it goes down to one below... ad hose so that that tiny circuit now runs through the turbo.

Quote:
and i also dont need my maf anymore correct?
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about... First, you don't have a MAF... you have a VAFM (there is a difference ). Second, the GTE has a KVAFM. The only 7M's which didn't have one of these type of AFM was a certain model race car (which never left Japan, AFAIK) which utilized a system which calculates air mass based on temp and manifold pressure like the 1JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GTE use (2JZ-GE uses a KVAFM).

You can delete one through the use of additional hardware, but without any such devices you'll have an AFM.

For more info on the types of sensors read these Toyota articles:
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h34.pdf
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h35.pdf

Tip Jar --->
Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 AM   #16
BDRT103
Stock

thanks your a great help, do i need to relocate my oil filter or run an oil cooler? and are those coolant plugs easy to replace?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #17
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

The coolant plugs ate threaded plugs, AFAIK.

Oil cooling is essential and it's really a good thing to have on any car... whether the manufacturer was too cheap to put one in or not. I've posted more on the matter before with links to some VERY good information on another forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #18
BDRT103
Stock

i also heard that you can run the stock 7mge injectors because those are bigger than the sotck 7mgte injectors, is that true? and ive also heard that the head gasket will not last to long on 10 psi, what do you think?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
i also heard that you can run the stock 7mge injectors because those are bigger than the sotck 7mgte injectors, is that true? and ive also heard that the head gasket will not last to long on 10 psi, what do you think?
I don't know who you're talking to, but you need to stop listening.

Tip Jar --->
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #20
BDRT103
Stock

lol i will stop listneing thats why im on the forums now. but that didnt answer my questionslol?