View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The GTE has lower compression pistons, so, if you've used stock spec pistons or ones with an even lower CR it'll be a dog of a N/A. The oil squirters are a bonus.

As for mounting parts everything I can think of will fit fine, but the GTE uses two knock sensors bouth mounted outward from center and the GE uses only one mounted ner the center. To use the GE electronics you'll either need to use two knock sensors and splice the wires into the one line that runs to the ECU OR you'll need to drill and tap the center boss for the GE's knock sensor.

Intake cams are different, you'll probably want to swap those as well.

Motor mounts are also different.

Other than those few things there's nothing else that isn't evident.

Oh, and you'll want to run GE spark plugs
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote