Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You had other error codes... have you inspected the indicated systems? Have you checked for new error codes? The Check engine light only comes on for a couple error conditions; The lack of a CEL does not mean that you're good to go.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
Old 02-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
turbosupraIII
Stock

turbosupraIII is on a distinguished road

ok so i went to check the codes and it just flashes really flash no stop
Old 02-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
turbosupraIII
Stock

can this be maybe a fuel cuy off, like a bad fuel pump or weak one?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
turbosupraIII
Stock

I told u it was a boost leak but u insisted that it was the knock sensor causing my car to not go over 2500 rpm I did a smoke test on the vac hoses and found multiple hoses dry rotted and fixed them and now car is perfect
Old 03-04-2010, 01:55 AM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Nope... I told you to check for codes... then I told you to address them. I told you that certain diagnostic codes would cause the ECU to go into "limp mode" and YOU latched on to the code 52... Dunno what you want... if free advice isn't good enough go to the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Well, that explains a lot. The car is running in what's generally known as "limp mode"... it's a fail safe mode where the ECU, in response to certain diagnostic failures, imposes a low RPM rev limit, adds a lot of fuel and pulls spark advance.

Now, did you clear the codes after checking the first time, then take it for a drive and recheck?

You need to handle the error codes one at a time. The code 52 is rather common and is generally resolved by rewiring the sensors; see the MKIII FAQ section for a writeup on it.

24 and 31 are both AFM related codes. Inspect the harness and contacts for damage and signs of corrosion. Then reconnect and make sure the connection is solid.

After each of these you may reset the ECU and take the car for a medium distance drive and recheck for recurring codes when you get back home.

If the AFM related codes continue follow the instructions here:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...ection=FI&P=96
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
If the problem is the wiring... the problem is the wiring. That's the most common cause of an error 52 and it's the cheapest thing to do to try to fix it.
Sorry for trying to save you money.

And there's not one vacuum line in the engine bay that would completely prevent the car from revving higher than 2500RPM... do you mean an intake hose was split? You know, it's not my responsibility nor that of any member here to teach you to check for every little thing; Additionally, the diagnostic codes are the first thing they're going to check for and work on at your local dealership.

Don't be such an ingrate or take your problems elsewhere.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
turbosupraIII
Stock

WOW what i said was can it BE a boost leak in the very beggining and now ur upset like i said u were wrong lol sorry to bother u then no need to tie ur panties in a bunch
Old 03-05-2010, 02:13 AM   #17
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosupraIII View Post
I told u it was a boost leak but u insisted that it was the knock sensor
You came off like a whiny snot who just had to get in a great big "told you so"... and you still are... DROP IT.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
turbosupraIII
Stock

Im not the one whose getting all mad about it u are any way
Old 03-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #19
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

No, I just corrected you... I didn't "insist" on any anything being the cause of your problem... and I posted proof.

Don't try to call me out when you're lying, I'll win.

Tip Jar --->
Closed Thread